Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Wild Root

Gone Home
Whatever happened to that? I know MK is a busy guy... should one of us pitch in? I'd like to see the Golden Era site beef up some... it has great potential and I'd like to help if I could.

=WR=

Wild Root said:
Whatever happened to that? I know MK is a busy guy... should one of us pitch in? I'd like to see the Golden Era site beef up some... it has great potential and I'd like to help if I could.
=WR=

I think a sticky would work well. I'd be prepared to collate all the pics, and host them on my (well, the Baroness's) webspace - though it's not actually a web page so it'd have to be here - pity that a large number of Daniel Riser's pics are now no longer in those threads. His suits were the business ...

bk

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
I think a sticky would work well. I'd be prepared to collate all the pics, and host them on my (well, the Baroness's) webspace - though it's not actually a web page so it'd have to be here - pity that a large number of Daniel Riser's pics are now no longer in those threads. His suits were the business ...

bk

Yes, tis a travesty. I believe they were hosted on Lauren Henline's Blue Magnolia webspace.

My first tentative attempt at using the timer on my camera. Forgive the jaundiced appearance; my liver funtions perfectly. Damn those overhead lights!. This is the latest of my eBay steals. My early autumn get-up. Too hot still for the jacket. 2nd hand Allen Edmonds wingtips; brown shoes just don't work well with this suit. Black is okay, i think.

Windowpane1.jpg

And a close up of the fabic (a little too close, methinks, further away to be taken this evening). You can see the grey herringbone and the blue threads intermingling diagonally. Also the red overcheck and very faintly the white double stripe about halfway between the two vertical red stripes you can see.

Windowpane2.jpg

bk

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Yet another great find. I need to find a great looking waistcoat like that.

Regarding stickies and documenting the great photos here, it is not forgotten. The premiere issue of Classic Style will be out in about a month. After that I can assign that task to someone on my staff. If you guys can have material ready to go, it will be a big help. Naming the photos to go with the item with a web friendly title and having captions would be of the most value. For example, 1930s_brown_tweed_suit1.jpg. You guys already know about making them 72 dpi. When we are ready, I will give you a place to send them. We will make it all user friendly and easy to find.

Wild Root

Gone Home
My "Palm Beach"

Hey guys, here's a photo I just took of me in my "Palm Beach". The trousers don't fit right yet... also, need to get the stains out of them... nothing a little Oxy Clean can't fix!

But, this photo shall work till I can get the whole thing working for me!

So, what do ya think?

1282723004_l.jpg

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thanks! I'm very proud of how well it came out... funny what a guy could do with a digital, a small tripod, a bakelite bed lamp and some old clothes! lol

Oh, and Photoshop helped out a bit... ok, a lot! lol

Thanks again,
=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82