Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Just some bad first time trying on photos. 1955 Anderson and Shepard three piece lovat blue tweed suit.

The trousers need to be take up about 2". Will take better photos when it comes back from the tailor so forgive the not perfect choice of tie, being unshaven, etc.

399172987.jpg

399172988.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
What a lovely suit, Chasseur! A&S are right up at the top of the men's sartorial pyramid. More pics, please.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Just some bad first time trying on photos. 1955 Anderson and Shepard three piece lovat blue tweed suit.

The trousers need to be take up about 2". Will take better photos when it comes back from the tailor so forgive the not perfect choice of tie, being unshaven, etc.

399172987.jpg

Lovely suit, Chasseur - would love to see more when it's ready.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

RobStC

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Won this windowpane 3-piece for less than thrift shop money off ebay. It has some shininess and needs a few repairs, but for the price, I think I can deal or live with those.

Pics from the listing.
mensuit1.JPG

mensuit2.JPG

mensuit3.JPG

mensuit5.JPG

mensuit6.JPG

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I like that it's from the "Everyman's Store". What a great depression-era marketing ploy.

And an ad for "Silvertone Quality Clothes"
01Stitch.jpg

Last edited:

AntonAAK

Practically Family

399172987.jpg

Very nice suit, Chasseur. Is that a New Sheridan Club tie?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Won this windowpane 3-piece for less than thrift shop money off ebay. It has some shininess and needs a few repairs, but for the price, I think I can deal or live with those.

Pics from the listing.
mensuit1.JPG

mensuit2.JPG

mensuit3.JPG

mensuit5.JPG

mensuit6.JPG

That is a STUNNING suit, Dinerman! What I would give to have such a piece!

Don't worry about missing buttons. Waistcoat/trouser/jacket buttons are rather generic, so I've found. With dilligence (and perhaps a trip to a clothing-shop) you can find an identical button, or a button that looks close enough to the others that nobody will notice. I did that with a waistcoat I bought, and to this day, nobody has figured out that the top button on my six-pocket brown waistcoat isn't original.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Back in the early to mid 1990s I had three suits made for me by a lady in London named Rosamund Black. She ran a vintage clothing shop called 'Blax'. He stock was amaxing. Most of it was sourced from clothing factories all over the UK. I remember seeing a whole rail of 1930s trousers, all in perfect condition. They had been left unfinished in a factory for fifty years, she found them, finished them off and sold them from her shop. As the daughter of a tailor, she had learned enough of his craft to design and cut suits (usually using old patterns she had acquired from factories). Unfortunately, as is so often typical in the UK, her rent was raised, the shop closed and she retired from the business (to work as a furniture restorer) but i still adore the suits she made for me.

This is a light brown summer suit that was made in 1992. The cloth was from an old roll of 1930s cloth that she had in storage in her garage. There was only just enough for the suit and I had to have the trousers narrower than I like. But the cloth was perfect so I had to go for it.

sandsuit.jpg

sandsuit2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe