Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Very interesting. Having grown up sailing, I always tie my shoes using the "slippery reef knot". Basically, a square knot with the bow.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Yipes! it is getting awfully quite here...I may need to drag something out and take some pictures! Weeeeee Haaaaaw!

What can anyone tell me about these Johnston & Murphy shoes? I have owned only one other pair of J & Ms and they were probably my least favorite shoes, but these fit and I like the looks of them.

I would like to know about what vintage they may be.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Found these today. Deadstock '60s winklepickers.
"Richie DeLuxe shoes for men" by Genesco. Little triangular metal taps on the toes.
858820_422204351190147_80846121_o.jpg

Last edited:

Monte

Practically Family
Wow, Dinerman. I love those vintage black shoes! I recently picked up some cheap shoes for $4 a pop. Black pair, Stuart McGuire Oxfords, next to new,
the burgundy Staffords look excellent but the soles are worn a bit. Both leather soles and tassled. Probably not anything like vintage in quality but still
leather and still got some life in them yet. I may have to keep my eyes peeled
for something a little more "winkley."... or at least vintage.

shoes_zpse5733b1d.jpeg

fashion frank

One Too Many
Today while out running my Saturday errand's I stopped by one of my "honey holes " of a thrift shop and scored these
hand made in Italy shoes that are two tone, fit me like a glove ,gently used ,and after I saddle soap them and give them
a good leather shine and treatment they will look great.

The price was the "Killer Diller " of it all :D

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1640_zps6fbd1c40.jpg

DSCN1646_zps3871a567.jpg

DSCN1650_zps7cc39124.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

After having these shoes for a while, I finished the conditioner and polish program on them. The suede is fairly long napped for a shoe, the eyestay areas and the very back of the shoes are black leather calf, the toe/toe box is smooth sharkskin. I have applied so may coats of polish you cannot see the small crackles/markings from the sharkskin any longer even up close. These are made by the Italian shoe maker that makes Zegna brand shoes, very well made, I was impressed!

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up

After having these shoes for a while, I finished the conditioner and polish program on them. The suede is fairly long napped for a shoe, the eyestay areas and the very back of the shoes are black leather calf, the toe/toe box is smooth sharkskin. I have applied so may coats of polish you cannot see the small crackles/markings from the sharkskin any longer even up close. These are made by the Italian shoe maker that makes Zegna brand shoes, very well made, I was impressed!

I am too. Awesome shoes. What year?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am too. Awesome shoes. What year?

I am not real sure the year, the seller had them for some years and never wore them for a long time, said they have no idea how old....when I look at them, I get a sense of 1980's, maybe newer but not much. I do not see the smooth sharkskin on many shoes being used on just the cap toe of an Italian shoe, even from basically a Zegna line of shoe. The way the back heel is stitched up indicates from my past memory on dress shoes, similar to other 1980's shoes I own. The way they are hand sewn (the cap toe) also reminds me of 1980's workmanship.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Some shoes that I know Ol' Frank Sinatra would have loved to own.....

Really nice Corbeil brand shoes.....these were never worn or laced up and are screaming 1950's....the leather was really in need of some conditioner.....and so you know I spend a day or two just taking care of that, and of course....what else I did......

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

...and as you can see, these "Lil rascals" really came out a winner with some effort after the use of my Cadillac leather conditioner and then the cream paste shine and then the use of a regular wax polish and the good old semi-wet cotton ball....these came out just like glass, you could shave using these as a mirror.....weeeee haaaw! Notice also the nice soles and these have some real nice craftsman ship in them.....bend oak soles.....I can hear Ol" Frank singing as I even look at these shoes.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Finally getting around to putting these awesome Nettleton shoes up here, these are mint, never worn, weave apron spade soles, I even have the original box! Weeeeeeeeee Hawwwww! Both pairs of shoes (the Corbeils and these right here) are shoe finds my sweetie pie Wife hunted down and purchased for me....all I had to do is condition and polish them up....so....I got her a few nice things as well...

You can't tell the color of the heels on the Nettletons, but they are that gray toned brown, that some vintage shoes with rubber heels had back then....I love that!

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The pictures of the Nettleton shoes was done before I conditioned them and put some time on the polish. I will post more pictures of them later....

HOWever....(lol) if you can see how much a big difference that the shine is from "out of the box first pictures" and them after the conditioner and then polish, you can see to some degree why I always push for use of a conditioner before a good polish. Even if you have a new pair of shoes, spend some time using the conditioner. I always do and just use my finger to rub it in after pouring a good amount on the shoes. Even the inside entirely gets the conditioner. The Corbeils have a fully lined toe box and under the apron inside of the shoes, a cotton canvas lining, that lining was really dry and almost brittle, so after use of the conditioner, it was brought back to life. Conditioner is your shoe's friend! Conditioner and a shoe tree.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
http://

Seeing how I have a pair of NOS vintage western boots, I got my Wife these vintage western boots. They have some slight wear on them, but are in really great shape! She loves them! I got her another pair of dress shoes (some heels) but they are still sitting with conditioner on them, some new fancy shoes for her.....

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Finally getting around to putting these awesome Nettleton shoes up here, these are mint, never worn, weave apron spade soles, I even have the original box! Weeeeeeeeee Hawwwww! Both pairs of shoes (the Corbeils and these right here) are shoe finds my sweetie pie Wife hunted down and purchased for me....all I had to do is condition and polish them up....so....I got her a few nice things as well...

Somehow after that Nettleton purchase I don't think your missus and I will be new best friends...ggggrrr...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe