Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Thanks Salsanadia and Bopeep! Yeah it's definitely a "stand and look pretty' dress.
haha Lenore, I'm flattered (sort of? haha), I may even be able to overlook that he's american.lol

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
swinggal said:
fedora.jpg
Cute hat! Just bought a new(old) hat myself :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
swinggal said:
I just scored this mid 30s burgundy felt beauty. I've been trying to find a vintage slouched fedora-style hat that I liked for years. I love the way they looked on Garbo and Crawford back in the day - very sultry, and I think tilted styles suit my face. Best of all...it was $14 bucks!

Anyhoo...

fedora.jpg
cute hat. I have a green late 30's fedora. It took me ages to find one that would fit my big head.

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
Swinggirl I LOVE your hat! and RockyHorror, that dress is fab, but I kinda get the feeling you make it. I would probably have had some serious doubts seeing it on a hanger.

I've been good lately, or at least mostly good, until today this weekend. I was at Orchard Corset with my mom and get my first real corset (non-plastic boning).

and yesterday, though I nearly passed out on my 'test drive', my new bike!

Iphone126-1.jpg

Iphone127-1.jpg

It's a late 60s-early 70s Motobecane Nomade, and it's a pale green apple color. Everything is shiny and lovely and even with my rusty riding skills I was even able to work the gear shift at the center of the handle bars. It's love. I just need to name him...

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am going to use this fabric for the house dress pattern I just got. If I don't have enough I am thinking of using solid red for the inset belt, patch pocket and collar.
0701_107.jpg

!BwoqRmwEGk~$(KGrHqUOKjEEw()KsUq!BMJ6lo5(m!~~_3.JPG

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
I am going to use this fabric for the house dress pattern I just got. If I don't have enough I am thinking of using solid red for the inset belt, patch pocket and collar.
0701_107.jpg

!BwoqRmwEGk~$(KGrHqUOKjEEw()KsUq!BMJ6lo5(m!~~_3.JPG

Love it!! That pattern is actually on my want list, can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
New Handbags & Purse

Hi. I bought these today:
handbags-1.jpg

And i was just wondering if they were 1940's or 50's enough. I'm pretty new to this game and would love help/opinions/advice.
I got them from Accessorize (50% sale now on!!)
Thanks for any help.

crwritt

One Too Many
It's a late 60s-early 70s Motobecane Nomade, and it's a pale green apple color. Everything is shiny and lovely and even with my rusty riding skills I was even able to work the gear shift at the center of the handle bars. It's love. I just need to name him...[/QUOTE]

Except it would be a "she". Vehicles and boats are female.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deadpandiva said:

I think it'd actually look better using red (or white) for the belt, pocket and collar. I love when great design details are set off with fabric choice! This fabric is fantastic and your dress will be amazing I'm sure!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Rosie_Beau said:
handbags-1.jpg

And i was just wondering if they were 1940's or 50's enough. I'm pretty new to this game and would love help/opinions/advice.
Thanks for any help.

40s or 50s enough for what? Remember there's no requirement or anything :) I think the clutch and the smaller purse look very vintagey. The larger one looks more modern to me but in a classic way that I'm sure will work with most vintage styles. Good finds!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Rosie_Beau said:
handbags-1.jpg

Thanks for any help.

It is incredibly hard to tell by the photos. I think everything is 70s, based on the photos. What is the clutch made of? I have a similar one, which is red and appears to be lucite (used in the 40s/50s), but it's actually from the 70s! Often hard to tell, but who cares as long as you love it. ;0

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I don't think Rosie Beau is asking if they ARE vintage - they are from Accessorize, so they aren't - she's asking if she can carry them while wearing vintage clothes and not look too anachronistic. And I agree with KittyT! The little ones look vintagey and the bigger one is quite classic.

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Puzzicato said:
I don't think Rosie Beau is asking if they ARE vintage - they are from Accessorize, so they aren't - she's asking if she can carry them while wearing vintage clothes and not look too anachronistic. And I agree with KittyT! The little ones look vintagey and the bigger one is quite classic.
Thanks Puzzicato. You've hit the nail on the head. Maybe I should have said what Accessorize is. I don't know if they have any stores in other countries.
I like the big one as my other handbag was too big (I honestly didn't know that could happen! Ha.) but when I've got all my stuff in it it loses it's shape a lot. I like the colour lots though. I'm not a 100% vintage girl so classic will suit me fine.
I'm just going to google what anachronistic means now. :D

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
I just had Miss Matilda,who owns Able Grable,reserve this dress for me in her etsy store
http://www.etsy.com/listing/50389293/reserved-for-xnedra-vintage-reproduction
I was thrilled to find this as i have loved this dress since i saw Fluer de Guere in hers but satin is just not a very practical material for me .This one being a sample is in rayon so is much more practical for me but still as beautiful as it's satin sister:)
This is the actual silk satin version on Able Grables site,modelled by the gorgeous Miss Amanda Lee.Just to give you an idea as to how it looks on.
http://www.ablegrable.com/dress/view/countess_dita

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun