Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kim_B

Practically Family
Ok, as requested, here I be, in all my vintagey glory... :D

2700_Sharp.jpg

..and one more, because I was feeling silly tonight...

2710_b.jpg

jugband1

New in Town
agreed-- LOVE your glasses. I have 8.5 feet and I always buy the smaller shoes too! The other 2 girls in my band are tiny (5.5 and 6.5) so they reap the benefits:rolleyes: Makes me feel like at 5'10'' 145lbs I would've been a hulking giant in vintage times....ah well. Some of use just weren't destined for daintiness.

kate

Grace

Vendor
Kim-love the glasses!! I wish I had the face for them!

As long as we're on the subject of shoes....I *finally* bought myself a pair of gold Spring-O-Lators!!! I have a few gold clutch purses, and a big wide gold 60s belt....and now I finally have the shoes to match!

29407220_tp.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Grace.....Drool, drool, drool! Love em!

Kate....I'm sure you are no GIANT lol! But you are right it is harder to find larger size shoes. Just like I always have a problem finding a waist size that works with my hips and bust!

Mojito

One Too Many
jugband1 said:
agreed-- LOVE your glasses. I have 8.5 feet and I always buy the smaller shoes too! The other 2 girls in my band are tiny (5.5 and 6.5) so they reap the benefits:rolleyes: Makes me feel like at 5'10'' 145lbs I would've been a hulking giant in vintage times....ah well. Some of use just weren't destined for daintiness.

kate
I'm hearing you, Kate...I'm a shade under 5'10", and my feet are larger than yours! I'm around the 10.5 size (somewhere around Euro 41). It's hard enough finding shoes in today's styles, let alone vintage. I'm reconciled to the idea that I will only ever find repros...when I'm lucky.

All these great vintage buys have inspired me to get my act together and post some of my own recent indulgences. I've had a bit of a clothes buying binge this January.

Mojito

One Too Many
These purchases are a mix of online auctions and dealers.

I'm short of day dresses, so I grabbed this one. Green is my favourite colour. I'm wearing it with a fairly snug fitting slip underneath, as an authentic tube cut 20s shift would lack definition of my figure, and I'd look giant and fluffy as it's so loose fitting. I'm going to team it with a natural straw cloche. Feels very light on, which is nice.

greenorganza.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
This one is probably too large for me, but I bought it for someone in my circle who is coming to the Napier Art Deco weekend. I've wanted to buy her a 20s vintage dress for yonks.

It's black velvet with gun metal coloured bugle beads. I love velvet from this era.
Velvetbeaded.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
And here's my biggest indulgence of all. I've had my eye on this one for a while and had it on lay away. I paid for it only last week, so it hasn't arrived yet. I'm still considering such all important matters as what sort of bandeau to team it with:
Flapperfront.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
The past two months have been out of control on Ebay for me. These two ended this weekend:

v11b2.JPG

v11b1.JPG

vintage high-waisted Wranglers (hopefully they fit!)

d4b0_1.JPG

some nice, FF, vintage seamed stockings. For some reason new stockings just never come as sheer or in as light colors as vintage ones do, which is why I can't stop buying vintage, even though they are goners after the 2nd wear!

epr25

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
I'm a sucker for shoes! I found a thrift store that had a hidden basement full of vintage things. Plus she was going out of business so her vintage was 25% off. The shoes were just to good to pass up even though some of the shoes don't fit me I bought them anyway. Perhaps my feet will grow??? Then she told me she still has a barn full of vintage things yet to bring in! My poor bank account :) The green ones are my favorite and they fit me. Now I need to find a cute new dress to work with my shoes.

shoes.jpg

Hey aren't the red ones on Ebay? I wanted them but they are to small. If you don't mind me asking where this store is? I am always up for a road trip for some vintage!

Sunny

One Too Many
LadyStardust said:
f888_12.JPG

My first ever sniped dress. Apparently, I needn't have bothered, but I'm glad I got it, regardless. ;) :eusa_clap
I was watching that one! I love the color and I love wool, but was unsure about the fit. I couldn't decide if it would hang from the empire waist, or actually hug and slim the real waist. (One would look really bad on me and the other really good, so it was important!) Please, please update us on how it looks on you! :eusa_clap

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kim, the glasses look so great on you!! So very cute:)

MaryDeluxe, what a great get with those shoes! I wish my feet could tolerate wearing vintage shoes, but I just can't do it:( I have managed to find some really cute vintage-y shoes at Naturalizer, and Liz Claiborne Flex makes nice ones as well. I'm supposed to wear special shoes for support. When I wear them, my body feels so much better. But, they just aren't nearly as darling as a cute pair of peep toes! So, like all women do, I suffer. But, I've found a happy medium in these modern brands. So, if you are as addicted to shoes as I am, I'd check out these brands.

Mojito, all of those dresses are beautiful. I particularly love the green one. I had such great luck on ebay in November. I bought 14 dresses! But, December came and went without one purchase, and I'm starting to jones. I just haven't been able to find anything in my measurements. You are a lucky gal. Those dresses are exquisite. All of them are so different than the typical ones that I seem to be running across.

RetroModelSari, had to give you compliments on your new avitar. It is great!

Elaina

One Too Many
I love the shoes, ladies, but I can't get past my upbringing of "never wear used shoes." Perhaps, at (when I'm slumming) $20-$150 bucks a pop, my husband might appreciate me doing so.

I do have a question: do any of you totally opt for shoes in a non-vintage or vintage with a stiletto heel instead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe