Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Smuterella

One Too Many
il_430xN.24471672.jpg

oh, happy day!

pamina

Familiar Face
i love it ! and it's not damaged or something like that. just a little bit yellow ^^ but my mum's going to bleach it ... i hope it'll be okay after bleaching ... if not, i'll kill my mum ... ^^

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pamina said:
i love it ! and it's not damaged or something like that. just a little bit yellow ^^ but my mum's going to bleach it ... i hope it'll be okay after bleaching ... if not, i'll kill my mum ... ^^

You might want to check some threads on the Lounge on how to clean vintage clothing first. Bleaching is one of the harsher methods to use on vintage clothing and can sometimes rot the clothing to nothing. I'm sure we have some vintage clothing dealers here who can point you to less invasive methods before you try that step.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pamina said:
that's exactly what i think. i think i'm going to put it on a chair or something and put the chair to a sunny place... what do you think?

I think I don't want to give you bad advice and be responsible for your lovely corset. :D

Check the threads first, and than post a query if you can't find enough info.

Vintage Betty

Mojito

One Too Many
pamina said:
and the best thing: it's my size *muhahaha*

zu1q2p.jpg
Oh, wonderful! I looks tailor made for you - obviously it was just meant to be. Good luck with cleaning it, but it looks lovely as it is.

Smutterella, love the dress! Those colours rock.

Beautiful Coro parure, Kitty T - I'd love to see the outfit you put together with it.

pamina

Familiar Face
Mojito said:
Oh, wonderful! I looks tailor made for you - obviously it was just meant to be. Good luck with cleaning it, but it looks lovely as it is.

Smutterella, love the dress! Those colours rock.

Beautiful Coro parure, Kitty T - I'd love to see the outfit you put together with it.

it's just because of the quality, i took the pic with my mobilephone ^^ there are ugly stains on the korsett. i don't want any stains on any clothes :p

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
pamina said:

DON'T USE BLEACH!!! You could ruin it. Use something gentler. Oxyclean can still be a bit harsh, but it should be OK. A lot of gals here have used it on vintage items. Also, I've had luck with OxyClean on items that bleach wouldn't re-whiten.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Just won two lovely dresses from one seller. I think I'm sorted now for summer dresses as I have loads. (Famous last words!)

Continuing my very incorrect habit of wearing housedresses as outdoor dresses -

cwrapfull.jpg

I don't care, they're cute and no one else will know they are house dresses!

30pbfull.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
wonderful Fleur, that top one especially.

I don't think you are being improper wearing a housedress outside, from my (admittedly 50's rather than 40's) magazine I'm looking at right now a housedress was so called because you could do your daily work (i.e. housework and running errands) in it and if it got dirty wash and dry it super-quickly, so I'm sure popping out in the day whilst wearing them was absolutely fine.

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
Fleur, Great dresses. I really like the print of the black one. Super-nice seller too.

Here are some recent ebay purchases that I made. The seller of the pinafore dress wanted to give me a refund because she found a stain on it as she was packing it. But the stain was no big deal, so I didn't take the refund. I had bought the dress for myself, but it's too snug in the waist (my fault, not the seller's) so I'll probably end up selling it.
I love the plaid, the colors are nice and bright, looks like a home made dress.
The suit is fanatastic, perfect for Summer. I have such a hard time finding jackets and skirts that both fit me.

2424596815_05f7ae42f1_m.jpg
2424596773_f8984902a6_m.jpg
2425409916_2e248e4003_m.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Fleur your dresses are making me drool! Especially the first will look breathtaking on you I'm sure. Lovely pinafore, dandelion-vint.

MissS

A-List Customer
Yes, I'm a hair curler addict.

vintagehaircurlers.jpg

I've never seen ones like these before, so I can't wait until they arrive so I can play! Can any of you ladies shed some light on how to use these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe