Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

16_sparrows

Vendor
Vanessa said:
My recent ebay exploits:

DSCN5998.JPG

And my new favorite compact:

cc6comp.jpg

cc6comp3.jpg

Oh dear, I'm quite jealous of both of your acquisitions.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Sorry to be on twice in a row. The one above was a test run - and it worked!:eusa_clap

Hat I just bought. One of only two that I have. The other is a thirties straw summer hat. Now that I've worked it out, I'll go find the digital camera! I am sooooo happy lol

Caledonia

Practically Family
Thanks. I've been trying to upload for weeks and it was getting really frustrating. Whizz at all the typing stuff, and work on graphics packages too, but a simple upload floored me :eek: I'm away to practice again under It girls, then I'd better walk the dogs!

decodoll

Practically Family
Congratulations! Those are wonderful. :) Especially this one...

Miss Neecerie said:

I won this blouse recently and got it the other day:

08_1.JPG

I love it so much, and I'm fairly certain that it was homemade, so now I am determined to find the pattern! :) Anyone recognize it??

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
wow! Miss Neecerie you hit the jackpot! :D
7e_1_b.jpg

I bought a similar pattern like the outfit on the left..absolutely love it! You have VERY good taste!!!!!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Great patterns Miss Neecerie! I especially like the jacket with the scalloped detail (McCalls 6820). Looking at all these great finds is reactivating my vintage pattern addiction.

I got a shipment of fabric today that was much nicer than I thought it would be so I thought I'd share. Good yardage on all of them. I think my favorite is the brown "deco dots".

rayon.jpg

Blouse/dress weight rayon

pinksilk.jpg

Some of that great thick "oily" 1940s satin; enough for a long skirt

decodots.jpg

Feels almost like a crepe--I love the deco feel of this fabric

magneto

Practically Family
[Off topic] Any good tailor/seamstress recs in the SF Bay Area?

Sorry for the offtopic post (if there's a better place to put it, please just let me know) but can anyone recommend a good vintage-friendly seamstress/tailor in the San Francisco area (East Bay okay too)..for cutting-down a bunch of dresses and suit jackets--I have more clothes that *don't* fit, than fit, at this point)...It would be a huge help. Feel free to PM/email me.
Thanks in advance :)
Ellie.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Well, I’m no lady (never have been), but my latest eBay "score" may interest you. It’s the Spring and Summer 1931 catalogue of an upscale NY ("and Kansas City"!) department store. 296 pages of stuff and more stuff. As soon as it arrives in my hands, I’ll post some of the nicest pages right here in the Powder Room. (Have no fear: I promise to knock first, in case anyone's “indecent”.) ;)

ba_1.jpg

c1_1.jpg

16_1.jpg

ladyk

Familiar Face
Wow, just look at those hats!

This is my latest aquisition.

11336138_o.jpg

11336141_o.jpg

My birthday present to myself, so I payed a little more that I normally would, and I'm probably going to have to take it in a little, but I just had to have it. All those pleats and the gathered shoulders...I can't wait to get my mitts on it!

xxx

maisie

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
I'm totally in love with the darker dress Maisie--what a beauty!

Thanks!:) The fabric is so much nicer in person, and it looks lovely on!

ladyk

Familiar Face
Thank you Etienne :) It's just a dream of a dress...

LizzieMaine said:
Wow, LadyK -- your birthday too? It's mine too! Happy birthday to us! (And that's a really nifty dress!)

Happy Birthday to you too LizzieMaine!

xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe