Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Well, green, of course but also they would look great with a black dress and a green hat (if you wear black.) Or how about with white or yellow? Also maroon and green looks classy. I like a contrast with colours as it makes them standout more.

I'd avoid red though or you might look like a Christmas elf! lol

I like a contrast with colours.

klara

One of the Regulars
Thanks Miss Sis! Everything sounds great, especially the colour maroon. Now I have the perfect excuse for buying a new dress lol.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
klara said:
RetroModelSari.
Thanks! I've been looking for a pair of green platforms forever it seems, but they are always to small or get wayyy to expensive.

I have no idea how you found those! I've been scouring Ebay for it seems like forever for green shoes exactly like that. They're either not in my size (too big) or they go for waaay too much money.

klara

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
I have no idea how you found those! I've been scouring Ebay for it seems like forever for green shoes exactly like that. They're either not in my size (too big) or they go for waaay too much money.

I really don't know how I did it myself ;). What's even more surprising is the price,only 50USD :D

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
showusshoes2.jpg

okay, so these girls came from a vintage shop i rarely frequent. they are from the 40's, from an estate, and are moderately well loved.

the arch right by the heel on the right shoe was cracked almost in two. because of that i talked the merchant into taking 60% off and then i promptly took them to my (amazing/wonderful/talented) cobbler. the cobbler diagnosed them and counseled me, telling me he could get them back to about 80%, but they'd never be totally good again. a few weeks later, they came back, and they are truly great. i can't feel that they were previously broken, and while i'd never go run a marathon in them, i'd estimate them to be more like 85-90% sound in construction.

so, a new/vintage pair of shoes for 27$. not bad. my only regret? that i didn't buy the navy blue, and the orage ones just like them that the shop had from the same estate.

showusshoes.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Well, they're not MY purchases, but I got a surprise package in the mail the other day from mom. Inside, was a neat, pleated petticoat, not too full, and longer than usual (27") - exactly what I was looking for awhile back. Also included was an old ad for leg makeup (which I forgot to scan so I could post it here) and a black dress with a rayon mix (I think) top, taffeta skirt, and matching belt. The sleeves have taffeta trim with tails to tie into bows. There is no tag and a metal side zipper. As always, she did a good job eyeballing the size. Go Mom!!

petticoat.jpg

blackdress.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
It occurred to me recently that I always carry a black purse but don't have a vintage one. I also noticed how ratty all my other ones were getting. So here is a nice black leather purse I found. There is a main pocket, and a front pocket, both with big flaps edged with silver metal trim. Also, the main pocket expands a lot, so this is great as an everyday bag!

blackpurse.jpg

I also found this lilac print sheer cotton 1940s dress at a local vintage shop for $28! It's in decent shape, a few light stains in unnoticeable areas, and needs a few mends here and there. Lovely fabric though, and neat looped detail around the collar and down the front of the dress.

lilacdress.jpg

lilacdressdetail.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just one more, I promise!!!

I also found this very soft cotton 50s day dress (shown here with the petticoat from mom!). The cotton is really, REALLY soft. I also love that it has a metal zipper front - I like knowing when i put a dress on that I'm not pulling at any of the seams! Of course, the best part is the sheer detail around the sleeves and neckline with those cute little bows! I'm thinking this would look great with sheer gloves that fall between the wrist and elbow.

blueflowereddress.jpg

bluesleevedetail.jpg

blueneckline.jpg

Also, I don't have any white jewelry and am debating on getting a simple, white necklace/earrings/bracelet set to wear with it, but pearls would also look nice. What do you ladies think?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
KittyT, your mum has great taste, what a lovely surprise.
The pattern on the sheer dress is so pretty I love the colours.

Thanks so much Goldwyn Girl! I was delighted to find it. I absolutely love purple and lilacs are my favorite flower!

klara

One of the Regulars
KittyT, what a sweet mum you have.
I like all of your items, but the 50s day dress is supersweet! I think a pearl necklace would be perfect to that dress

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
Also, I don't have any white jewelry and am debating on getting a simple, white necklace/earrings/bracelet set to wear with it, but pearls would also look nice. What do you ladies think?

Definately pearls! It's gorgeous!

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
Some shoes for me! I bought these on ebay, from the same seller. I have wide-feet trouble, but the measurements were very good and they are fit nicely. I love the lower heels on the red and black pairs, and this is the 2nd pair of green shoes that I've found recently.

553425495_962a4febe4_m.jpg
553425507_27e6f1fa9f_m.jpg

kittyT - sweet dress, I like that sheer neckline and the bows.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
KittyT said:
It occurred to me recently that I always carry a black purse but don't have a vintage one. I also noticed how ratty all my other ones were getting. So here is a nice black leather purse I found. There is a main pocket, and a front pocket, both with big flaps edged with silver metal trim. Also, the main pocket expands a lot, so this is great as an everyday bag!

I also found this lilac print sheer cotton 1940s dress at a local vintage shop for $28! It's in decent shape, a few light stains in unnoticeable areas, and needs a few mends here and there. Lovely fabric though, and neat looped detail around the collar and down the front of the dress.

lilacdress.jpg
Kitty: I'll bet nobody would mind terribly if you showed your face, in fact I'll bet everybody would be pleased. It would complete the effect.

klara

One of the Regulars
Sitting home alone a friday night is very dangerous :p
Just bought this dress.
e0030594.jpg

It looks like dots but it's actually little clovers.

anabolina

A-List Customer
klara said:
Sitting home alone a friday night is very dangerous :p
Just bought this dress.
e0030594.jpg

It looks like dots but it's actually little clovers.
OMG I love that dress. The color, the pattern, the shape, the neck detail. sigh. That dress is just so beautiful. Congrats Klara

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Kitty: I'll bet nobody would mind terribly if you showed your face, in fact I'll bet everybody would be pleased. It would complete the effect.

thanks :) I was fresh out of the shower though, and had no makeup on! I also had no shoes on and it was late. I just couldn't be bothered!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Klara: your new dress is so very pretty:eusa_clap

Kitty: first off I think its so sweet that your Mom sends you packages full of goodies!! She has great taste. I'm envious!
All of your purchases/gifts are wonderful, but I really love the black dress the best. It's so pretty, the cut is perfect, I love the different fabrics and the little bow ties at the sleeves.
The sheer floral dress you got looks awfully familiar! I think I had my eye on it but it was too small:( I'm glad it went to a very good home. If it is sheer nylon or rayon, the stains should come out with a soaking in woolite. I'm sure you know this already, I just find that the shearer dresses don't have the ability to hold on to a stain the way a thicker material would.
Well congrats on all of your gets! I've been so good and haven't bought anything on ebay in a month!!:eusa_clap But you've totally inspired me to just take a glance (that means my ebay hiatus is over!!) and see what's there. It will be nice because I haven't looked in so long, everything will seem new and exciting to me. Unlike when I check in a few times a day in the hopes that someone has put up something new, but it's all the same stuff. So, I guess staying away has its benefits, except that all you gals are getting some really amazing things, and I end up with nothing:( But it is totally by choice, so I have nobody to blame but myself!!!
Seriously though, all you ladies have exquisite taste!!! Keep showing us those great purchases:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg