Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Ruby, I agree, you look adorable. Not many women can pull of the short hair, but you do it with great style! You make me want to cut mine off again :eek: lol

I love hair that length, too. In the "Short Hair" thread there are a couple of pictures of me with hair that length, and I love it. I haven't had hair longer than my chin since high school, so I am trying to grow mine out right now. We will see how long I get it before I loose all patience and chop it off again :rolleyes: Especially with the baby coming, easy hair will become more and more appealing :eek:

I constantly change my hair, too, and I'm not a hair dresser. I get bored very easily. My hair has been this rough style while growing it out for several months, and it is starting to drive me batty. And I am trying to get away from permanent color, so I have been doing the same color glaze since before Christmas. I need a change! At least it is 6 more weeks before my next appointment, so I can't do anything hastily :)

anabolina

A-List Customer
I love everybody's hair. Ya'll have seriously inspuired me. My last experience with pin curls and setting lotion was all wet, literally the next day. I used a much more diluted setting lotion/water solution and thankfully my hair was completely dry when I woke up this morning. Here's my do of the day...

Picsagain4106.jpg

hair3.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
anabolina said:
I love everybody's hair. Ya'll have seriously inspuired me. My last experience with pin curls and setting lotion was all wet, literally the next day. I used a much more diluted setting lotion/water solution and thankfully my hair was completely dry when I woke up this morning. Here's my do of the day...

Picsagain4106.jpg

hair3.jpg

Oooh thats super cute! It really suits you.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Anabolina, that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! The hairstyle really suits your face. Good job on mastering the pin curls. I've yet to have them work for me. So I "cheat" with the hot sticks.

anabolina

A-List Customer
Thanks Bonnie Jean, Goldleaf, and Miss Neecerie for your praise, I got a lot of it at work too, although most of the praise was related to my new spectator pumps.

It actually looks better now, nearly 8 hours later, then right after I styled it, the shape is a little softer due to constant scrunching. I just can't stop playing with my hair today. I used some bobby pins to help maintain the deliniation between the curls and straight top of the hair and I keep repositioning them:rolleyes: I can't be left alone with any head of hair lol.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
BonnieJean said:
OK, I've been able to get mostly the same hairstyle for 4 days now. And putting up my "tutorial" has really helped ingrain the curler layout in my brain! I think I've finally found "my look".

hair_day_4.JPG

The pictures you ladies have been posting look lovely!
I think we ought to give ourselves all a hand :eusa_clap because we're improving our hairstyle techniques!

Bonnie, I absolutely LOVE your hair! Is it naturally straight? Your curls look so soft and touchable, what hairspray do you use?

I hairspray the heck out of my hair, so it doesn't look quite as soft as yours!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Anabolina-
That's adorable!You remind me of Gretchen Mol,the actress.You also remind me of someone I once knew from the dance world also named Ana,(if my memory serves me correct on the name.)Coincidence?
-Brittany

Bonniejean-You're hair has turned out so well many days in a row.I think you've found you're hairstyle!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
Bonnie, I absolutely LOVE your hair! Is it naturally straight? Your curls look so soft and touchable, what hairspray do you use?

I hairspray the heck out of my hair, so it doesn't look quite as soft as yours!

Pigeon toe, my hair has a slight wave to it, but it doesn't go the way I want it to. I'd say it's mostly straight. I use Garnier Fructis Pure Fix Spray, strong. Its a non-aerosole spray that doesn't leave a residue on your hair or gunk up. It can leave the hair feeling a little crunchy if you apply a lot of it, but it will brush out easily and appears to leave my hair smooth. I used to use their aerosole hairspray, but I really like this better as it does give a more natural look. It says you can use it on slightly damp hair too, but I've only used it to set my hairstyle. The reviews for this product have been good. I've been on the lookout for the perfect hairspray and so far, this one works for me the best.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Another beauty secret....

VO-5 Hair dressing!

I'd forgotten I had this stuff. A little dab will do ya. It really smooths your hair and makes it very shiny. I used some today because I thought my hair was a little too curly. I remember my grandmother having this on her dresser.
Here's my hair today in a more 30-ish/40-ish style.
(I promise, I won't post any more pictures of myself. I think there's enough of me on here. :p )
Oh, I can still see a few flyaways in the photo--that's what I get for having very poor eyes!

sue_do_2.JPG

texasgirl

One Too Many
BonnieJean- too cute; I definitely think you got the hang of it!

I have just been reading though this whole thread, and everyone looks fantastic! PigeonToe- you just look adorable and Ana very cute curls! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
BonnieJean--it's not too many pictures at all! Don't worry about that for a moment! And thanks for the tip on the VO-5--good stuff indeed!

And Anabolina--I'm in love with your hair. Now, I'll have to try it like that for tonight. I'm terrified of how it might come out. Are pincurls uncomfortable to sleep in?

anabolina

A-List Customer
Oh, I love your hair Bobbie Jean, its so controlled and cute and it really looks good on you.

Thanx Texas girl and its actually pretty easy to sleep in the pin curls Miss Dottie. I use these metal clips I got from Sallys (it's always weird to say that since my name is Sallie). The box was $4 for 100 of these metal clips and they are easier for me to use than the bobbie pins. They're still small enough that while sleeping on them feels weird, its not really uncomfortable. I do put a hairnet over them so I worry less over them coming out in my sleep.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
BonnieJean said:
VO-5 Hair dressing!

I'd forgotten I had this stuff. A little dab will do ya. It really smooths your hair and makes it very shiny. I used some today because I thought my hair was a little too curly. I remember my grandmother having this on her dresser.
Here's my hair today in a more 30-ish/40-ish style.
(I promise, I won't post any more pictures of myself. I think there's enough of me on here. :p )
Oh, I can still see a few flyaways in the photo--that's what I get for having very poor eyes!

sue_do_2.JPG

You look fabulous Bonnie. So, tell me more about the V05 Hairdressing. I have below shoulder lenght hair. I need something to help with the little gray hairs that stick up.

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
haven't been on for a while so sorry this is late. thanks for the comments a few days back. kimberly, ohairas, rockapin-up and daisy- you're a bunch of sweethearts.

ruby- thanks for the betty boop comment- you made my day! hee hee! i love your pixie-do as well. it's so sweet! very jealous. i've always wanted to do my hair ava gardner style when she had it short, so i've tried pining it all up before but it just doesn't work. you lucky devil, you!

pink- you hair is rocking it lately. it looks beautiful!

bonniejean- you are absolutely adorable. i'm in total awe of you're hair styling ability!

pigeon- you really do have the hair i have always wanted. your styles are all perfect. no fair!

i'm having issues with my hair today.
i pin curled some of it and put foam rollers in the rest. the rollered parts are my usual length, but the pin curled bits are at chin length so i have crazy hair goin on. i'm out to see a show tonight and i wanted it perfect. alas, i may have to pin the entire lot up. and to be honest. i'm not so much a fan of updos. on me anyways. they always look wrong. grrr.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Grnidwitch said:
You look fabulous Bonnie. So, tell me more about the V05 Hairdressing. I have below shoulder lenght hair. I need something to help with the little gray hairs that stick up.

I usually put a tiny dab of the VO-5 in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together and then smooth my hands over the flyaway areas--for me, its the top of my head. As I said earlier, I discovered that if I smoothed it over my curls, it gave a much more shiny and smoother look. It looked similar to the hairstyles of some of the Hollywood beauties in the 30s and 40s. I'm still working on getting that particular look, but I am getting closer. I've put up pictures on my vanity/armoir doors off actresses in the 30s for inspiration. They were all so beautiful!

Oh, and I don't have little gray hairs--I've colored them away!lol
My gray hair came in kind of early--late 30s, so I've been vainly coloring it ever since!:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld