Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amber I like the cut, it looks very nice and the bangs compliment your face:)

Honey Doll your rolls are so perfect and they don't look like they are crunchy with hairspray. I'm actually gonna make an attempt to do a forward roll and reverse roll just like you've done. I think this might be a good alternative being that I have a lot of heavy hair that can sometimes be difficult to put in one roll. Dividing the side opposite my part into two smaller rolls might make my rolls a little smaller and they might not stick out so much. It's so nice to finally have another style idea. I wear my hair the same way every day. I know how to do other styles, but I think rolls are just fun. This is a great way to mix things up a bit. Thanks!

Faythe, your hair came out fantastic:eusa_clap and I like the flowers:) I hope the curling iron helped a bit with the rolls. It does me a world of good between the high heat and the hair spray. On some occasions I've gone to sleep while leaving them in and in the morning my hair is still all in place! I just have to be careful, for I end up with crunchy hair from over spraying. My hair is stubborn too, and I have a lot of it. I can do hand rolls but I can never seem to get them tight enough, unless I use a smaller amount of hair, or spray the heck out of the piece I want to roll after teasing it a bit. That actually works pretty well, but sometimes I end up with really big rolls and I look like that character from Spaceballs. Definitely not the look I'm trying to emulate:eek: So the best, longest lasting rolls I get are with a 1 1/2 inch, very hot curling iron and Sebastian Laminates high hold hair spray.
I've also recently discovered that I think I was born with straight hair for a reason. I look better with straight hair. I definitely cannot do tight pin curls. I just have way too much hair, and I end up looking like a mop head. The past few days I have worn much looser curls in thicker sections. I brush them out and end up with a very nice wave, but nothing too big an poofy like I get when I do the smaller tighter curls. It's just a nicer look with my round face. I'm setting my hair again tonight, so I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow of what I come up with.

You ladies all look so lovely:)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
A cold curling iron! What a great idea! I never thought of that before and rolls are really hard for me because my hair is so thin. I'll have to try it out.

olive bleu

One Too Many
wavee3.jpg

(DROOLING)

i have to try this gorgeous look.my bob is a similar length, and i have wavy hair, but i fight it daily with many straightening products..this makes me want to celebrate all those kinks!!

Nina

New in Town
you look like mira sorvino from romy and michele's hichschool reunion in the top pic. your hair looks gorgeous in both pics.

(i've got rolls in my hair as i type, thanks to this thread. i somehow managed to put them in using my fingers and 4 bobby pins, my hair is dead straight and short too. not very neat though....)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Nina said:
you look like mira sorvino from romy and michele's hichschool reunion in the top pic. your hair looks gorgeous in both pics.

(i've got rolls in my hair as i type, thanks to this thread. i somehow managed to put them in using my fingers and 4 bobby pins, my hair is dead straight and short too. not very neat though....)

Post pics!

Nina

New in Town
i assume you mean me and not mira sorvino.

sorry, they got ruined by me lying on the couch...lazy lazy me.
but i'm considering going out in public with them for the first time tomorrow and i'll prob have a play tomorrow night so maybe i'll get to snap away then

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Georgous styles! And doghouse: I can´t believe your hair turned out so great at the first try :eek: Seems you have a talent for hair!

I finally followed the advice here and got me a triple barell iron and on my first try I already got ok water-waves. They were admittedly a bit fluffy cause I had washed my hair the day before, but that made them look a bit 20s lol

Now I can do a 30s shooting!!! And I´ll post a pic over here once it is done :D

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Emmababy said:
how do you get your hair at the front to do that sweepy sweep rita hayworth thing?

After I take out my curlers, I separate the curls with a hair pick. Then, I brush it through with a natrual brissle brush. I then style the sweep by sliding my left hand under my hair, palm up and brush over the ridge of my hair. Then I take the brush and brush in the front straight up and sweep over. After that I hit it with Biolage hair spray which dries quite quickly. If it falls a bit during the day, I repeat the brush straight up, sweep over and spray. If its being really difficult, I take a piece of hair just to the side of the sweep, tuck it behind the sweep with a bobby pin to give the lift a bit of anchor. Hope that makes sense.

Honey Doll

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
ok, I chickened out of getting the fringe cut lol and I'm supposed to be tucked up in bed now (1.30am yikes!) but feeling a little dizzy do thought I'd use my time productively, am I on the right track?

hair1b.jpg
hair1a.jpg

Honey Doll I love the sweepy thing you do with your hair, its gorgeous! Doghouse I cant believe thats the first time you've done rolls! Theyre brilliant

olive bleu

One Too Many
I wish you could all see me now, I am at work and decide last night To wear pincurls, today. i washed my hair last night, set it and then went to bed.Overslept this morning,and did not have a lot of time to fuss.My hair takes to curling VERY easily as it is naturally wavy anyway..OMG..:eek: :eek: :eek: .What a fright.I keep forgetting about how i look untill i pass a mirror.lol Pretty wild.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Poor Olive! Just brush alot or wear it up, lol!
Amber, you've got it! Don't cut bangs, I say... the rolls look great!
Nikki

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Here's a close up of the Gatsby hair. I did waves with untussled pin curls.

l_7a79773e183811f295da4975e17e59c4.jpg

Please pay no attention to the "I'm going to steal your soul face" I'm making. [huh]

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Well, I know I disgrace the ladies of the Lounge with my meager attempt at hairstyling, but last night I did pin curls all around for what is only my second "real" try, and I thought it turned out somewhat decent. Apologies for the silly/horrific faces. :eek:
notbadxv3.jpg

blahhj2.jpg

:eek:
Practice makes perfect, so that's what I'm going to keep on doing.

Kimberly

Practically Family
LadyStarDust, you look great!!! What kind of rollers did you use.

I am thinking of going to Sallys Beauty Supply tomorrow after work and would like to pick up some rollers and clips and am kind of overwhelmed with the selection. [huh]

pretty faythe

One Too Many
pin curls

Your pin curls look so much better than my own, maybe cuz my hair is short. I also decided to pin curl my hair last night, and did it a little different than I had been doing, hoping that it would be so crazy. Well, it was a little less crazy, but still crazy!
Photo0015.jpg

Photo0014.jpg

Now to figure out what to do with it.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Kimberly said:
LadyStarDust, you look great!!! What kind of rollers did you use.

I am thinking of going to Sallys Beauty Supply tomorrow after work and would like to pick up some rollers and clips and am kind of overwhelmed with the selection. [huh]

:eek: Thank you. I actually didn't use use rollers, just bobby pins, since they were pin curls. Those were actually done on almost bare minimum amount of work (except for doing the left side, that was a NIGHTMARE!:rage: ), because I had only slightly damp hair, which I pin curled then smoothed a tiny amount of Biolage hold/setting gel over, and then spritzed with hairspray. Plus, I only kept them up for 4 hours. :( [huh] I'll be interested to see what happens when I let them stay in a proper amount.

faythe, I like what you did in the second picture, from what I can see. :) I'm no expert, so I don't feel like I'm qualified to give any advice, but it looks like you brushed it towards the back, and that looks good! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe