Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
Haha! I was thinking of coming down in rollers so it is pretty for pride lol lol lol lol

Dolly that set of yours really suits you, it looks lovely and smooth too. Mine often just explodes into frizz that takes HOURS to tame!!!!!!

AllaboutEve said:
Dolly that set of yours really suits you, it looks lovely and smooth too. Mine often just explodes into frizz that takes HOURS to tame!!!!!!

lol it kinda settled during the day, it was fuzzy!! The right side was excellent, but it all dropped because of the stupid straight hair!! Got my dad to thank for that. I'm thinking of getting my mum to put a permanent wave in it for me. Wave, not a perm lol lol lol

And I never realized exactly how much brushing was really required...

Lots, just in case you wondered :rolleyes:

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Darhling said:
dracula.jpg

lol lol lol lol OMG that is the bench mark by which to judge your success/failure isn't it!

Dolly - I have brushed mine for hours on end and always end up looking more Nanette Newman than Gene Tierney lol !! Maybe I need to be a bit more patient.:)

SimplySarah

New in Town
AllaboutEve said:
I am so in love with her!!!

You need your hair pretty short for a Joan-do probably just below jaw-line and you'd probably need to use big rollers. Set it wet overnight with the rollers wound down from your crown at the back. Then use a lot of back combing/ teasing to get the height on the crown and a LOT of hairspray.
That's my guess anyway!:)
I love Joan, too! She's such a knock-out and her clothes are amazing.

Thanks for the advice. I just decided tonight to get a chin length bob, so maybe I'll leave a bit more on so I can achieve this look. I will have to practice my teasing skills! Thanks again!

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I'm not really posting for the hair do.. but because I just changed my hair a decided it to share it :)

Since I was 14 i've had pink hair, all of the top was pink and you couldn't see any brown. But I was sick of it fading to wishy washy orange and not having the money to keep buying dye. So now i'm back to brunette and I only have the tiniest bit of pink :)

I'm still not sure about what I think of it, it's a big change!

But I think little pink rolls would look cute ... if only I could do them!
(sorry for the slightly annoyed look on my face - I was fine though!)

GetAttachment.jpg

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
First shot at fingerwaves in about a year. I think they turned out okay :)
photo221ah4.jpg
photo222jy0.jpg

photo223fl4.jpg

The pins are there because it got all puffy this morning :( And the back is just rolled up because my curls from last night hadn't set properly.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
I am so in love with her!!!

You need your hair pretty short for a Joan-do probably just below jaw-line and you'd probably need to use big rollers. Set it wet overnight with the rollers wound down from your crown at the back. Then use a lot of back combing/ teasing to get the height on the crown and a LOT of hairspray.
That's my guess anyway!:)

I don't think so. During the show, you can get a good look at the back and it looks like the back is done up in a french twist. My guess is that it's long, with layers on top. I think you might be able to get something similar with a bob, but you would need a fall or hairpiece for the top.

Tatum

Practically Family
Hi ladies! I finally got my hair to do something worth posting....

What are everyone's thoughts? I was TRYING to get a small roll in the front, but my hair has its own ideas sometimes....

p7302011.jpg

p7302010.jpg

<3
Tatum

i_am_the_scruff said:
I'm not really posting for the hair do.. but because I just changed my hair a decided it to share it :)

Since I was 14 i've had pink hair, all of the top was pink and you couldn't see any brown. But I was sick of it fading to wishy washy orange and not having the money to keep buying dye. So now i'm back to brunette and I only have the tiniest bit of pink :)

I'm still not sure about what I think of it, it's a big change!

But I think little pink rolls would look cute ... if only I could do them!
(sorry for the slightly annoyed look on my face - I was fine though!)

GetAttachment.jpg

Oh yes!! I loved my pink bit, I loved how it looked in rolls, have been considering going back to it too

PICT0082.jpg

I think it would look great! I love pink hair. I also love the piercings yay!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe