Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MissHannah

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
MissHannah, how did you set your hair on top/ front (which direction) to get those waves?

I did two small rollers going sideways and under (away from my parting) and just brushed it a bit and pinned one bit that was flopping forward. It was a bit of a fluke to be honest!

Naama

Practically Family
Oh MissHanna! You have so many different hairstyles! And different all the time! I wonder, do you go by "how to" books or do you get you're inspiration by some photographs or do you come up with you're own idea on how to set you're hair? Since lately, I feel rather boring, my hair looks always the same more or less :(

Naama

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I had my one good hair day for the year...

I just recently had an inch and a half cut off from my hair, so technically, I am an inch and a half from waist length. I do, on occasion get a few rolls in there...at the risk of muscle failure in my arms. (My husband likes to stick his fingers inside the rolls...lol which feels weird)

This was taken right after a night of dancing and drinking, so 'scuse the bleary eyes.

l_9d39e742ff8cac49d0163d5dc606c9e0.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I just recently had an inch and a half cut off from my hair, so technically, I am an inch and a half from waist length. I do, on occasion get a few rolls in there...at the risk of muscle failure in my arms. (My husband likes to stick his fingers inside the rolls...lol which feels weird)

This was taken right after a night of dancing and drinking, so 'scuse the bleary eyes.

l_9d39e742ff8cac49d0163d5dc606c9e0.jpg

Beautiful!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Naama said:
Oh MissHanna! You have so many different hairstyles! And different all the time! I wonder, do you go by "how to" books or do you get you're inspiration by some photographs or do you come up with you're own idea on how to set you're hair? Since lately, I feel rather boring, my hair looks always the same more or less :(

Naama

I kind of wing it most of the time! I do own a couple of 'How To' books and they are useful for trying new setting patterns, but in all honesty I mostly do the same set and just get a slightly different result each time, probably because I'm not very consistent! Because my hair is quite long at the moment I play around with having it up or down or half up etc. straightening some bits, curling others. I just play around a lot and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
desi - I can only imagine how much effort it takes to get such neat rolls with that amount of hair! It's truly impressive! I'd love to see the rolls from the back.

Thank you MissHannah. I try my best, all of you ladies here push me to try harder, otherwise I am a lazy sot when it comes to my own hair.

Next time we will take the pictures BEFORE we go out. This was a quick one after my husband poured me in the door of the house and before deciding I needed a grilled cheese at 2am or brushing my teeth.

lyburnum

Practically Family
Pretty blah today, small bun at back of head, with pincurls on each side. The other side had two pincurls instead of one, but I don't have any good photos of that side. Hair is a little messy as it was the end of the day and I'd been up since 4:30am *cries* Easily my favourite hat ever though. I should've skipped the bow above the bun, but I put it on before the hat then completely forgot about it :eusa_doh:

IMG_1371.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Some great hair gals!

Desi-Lu, why is grilled cheese so appealing after a few beverages? I always get like that too!lol

Can I ask what you ask your hairdresser to do re your bangs? I love the way it parts but the last time I asked she just cut me a straight across fringe and it looked 'blah'

K

MarieAnne

Practically Family
lyburnum - I love your hat. Did you get it online?

Here is my hair this morning. This is the set I normally do after I wash my hair. I love perm rods!
Hair002.jpg

Here is a hat I bought yesterday at WalMart
Hair005.jpg

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Some great hair gals!

Desi-Lu, why is grilled cheese so appealing after a few beverages? I always get like that too!lol

Can I ask what you ask your hairdresser to do re your bangs? I love the way it parts but the last time I asked she just cut me a straight across fringe and it looked 'blah'

K

:eek:fftopic: I heard grease was good for a hangover.. Lawdy, don't ask me why. lol

As far as the bangs go, I have them parted in a triangle and my hairdresser cuts them into a deep U-shape.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe