Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Everyone's hair is so gorgeous! Laura, I'm amazed by the neatness and uniformity of your pincurl set. Thanks for posting those pics--they give me something to shoot for (my pincurls didn't look nearly like yours). lol Practice, practice...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ladies, my goodness! What fine locks you've posted recently!!

Dolly, I ADORE your new red, it is SO you!!

Goldwyn, great photos! Cute blouse too!

Miss Melly, are your lashes really false? They look totally natural! Your hair always looks smashing.

Miss Hannah, love the faux bang.

The Vermont Country Store has a good rat if y'all need one!
f08492_dt.jpg

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/...=30355&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=hair+rat
Nikki

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
goldwyn girl said:
As always the ladies of the lounged are beautifully coifed. This is todays style, I had to get ready on the spur of the moment so I don't think it came out too badly.
000_2798-1.jpg
000_2794-1.jpg

:eek: :) Goldwyn Girl, you look Fabulous as a red head, not that you didn't before;) but you look Gorgeous.

Blondie

Practically Family
Thank you Ohairas, i googled "hair rats" and got a lot of awful sites about rats, the ones with beady eyes and big teeth ! lol

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the nod, Laura Chase! :) I did that tutorial so long ago... I should try it again. Only get a rat! For those NOT using a rat, to pin it, as Smuterella said, you stick the pin through the hole and then grasp ANY hair at the hair line that you can. I have super thick hair so if your hair is on the thinner side, try back combing a bit at the hairline. That should give the pin something to grab hold of when you pin the roll for the faux bangs.

Speaking of rats... I now plan to make my own using my own hair, but as a platinum blonde, what color stocking would I use to shove my hair in?

MissHannah

One Too Many
I look forward to the tutorials!

Lolita: could you use a fine hairnet instead of a stocking?

Oh and I think my problem with the pinning is my giant forehead!! My hairline is a long way back and my bangs aren't that long yet.

alexandra

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Oh and I think my problem with the pinning is my giant forehead!! My hairline is a long way back and my bangs aren't that long yet.

My giant forehead has caused me many problems in my life, this being one of them.

Smuterella

One Too Many
artful dodgette said:
i know that you can get hair rats for blonde hair, in the Uk claires accessories sell them for most hair colours...

ooh, really!

I've been saving up my hair but its taking surprisingly long...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
The secret to my neat pincurls is.... My boy! As I wrote in another thread, he does them. ;)

It's very difficult to do them so neatly yourself, I surely can't. And he's very particular about pin curls, so he does them very precisely and neatly. But you don't actually need to be that particular in order for the set to turn out good.

What he does is he starts by sectioning all the hair, I think that really makes them neat. And he makes sculpture curls, like shown here:

curl2.jpg

:eek:fftopic:
Aorta, thank you for the compliment. You asked about my skin care and make up. I am very particular about my skin care and makeup and it's one of my favorite subjects, so excuse me if I go on and on.

My daily routine consists of The Organic Pharmacy's Carrot Butter Cleanser, Lip & Eye Cream and Double Rose Ultra cream (this one I would not buy again, it is too greasy for my skin).

A couple of times a week I use Jurlique's Daily Exfoliating Cream. Once in a while I also use The Organic Pharmacy's Flower Petal Deep Cleanser & Exfoliating Mask.

For makeup, I use mineral foundation, I switch brands a little, at the moment (and in those pictures) it is Lily Lolo in porcelain. I am also very fond of Jane Iredale. This stuff (or something like it) is great on top of mineral makeup, if you tend to get dry.

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
hey ladies.....well, i did it, took step by step photos, the lot, but im not the most technical girl, and i can't get my computer to recognise my camera! aaargh! so i'll talk you through it step bu step....

* first, make a V shaped part at the front of your hair, like how you do if you were sectioning your hair, make it as wide as your forehead, and about 3" back...

*take your rat, and cut it so its about 2" longer than the width of your forehead, then pull your hair over your face, and wrap the rat around the bottom of your hair, like how you do when using tongs or a roller....

*roll all the way up, make sure its all the way up, but not over tight...

*then drag your hair along the rat to the ends by running your fingers from the middle to the ends...

* pull the sides of the rat further away from your face...this will form the 'U' shape...

* place pins into the ends of the hair and rat together...making sure that your hair covers the ends of the rat...

*spray your bangs and run your hands over them to tame any loose hairs...

sorry if this doesn't make sense! ill try to figure out the computer!:)

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
MissHannah said:
My inspiration was this girl on myspace:

l_36618b47d8abb111e89c60f46a4243fa.jpg

I don't actually know her, she just has fab hair and great style. Can't believe she isn't on here actually... I'd love to get my faux bangs to dip down in the middle like that.

Do you ladies have her myspace link? I'm sure she has more pictures of amazing hair that I would love to see/drool over!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
The secret to my neat pincurls is.... My boy! As I wrote in another thread, he does them. ;)

ooh, i bet i could get my guy to learn to set my hair, since he (a) loves the way it looks, and (b) is sympathetic to how much work it takes me! i'm sure i could think of some sort of trade with him... laundry, maybe? ;)

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Madison Paige said:
Do you ladies have her myspace link? I'm sure she has more pictures of amazing hair that I would love to see/drool over!

I'm trying to get my hair styled like this as you read this and am failing miserably lol lol lol

MissS

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:
ooh, i bet i could get my guy to learn to set my hair, since he (a) loves the way it looks, and (b) is sympathetic to how much work it takes me! i'm sure i could think of some sort of trade with him... laundry, maybe? ;)

Lucky you ShooShooBaby - there's absolutely NO CHANCE I could get my guy to learn to set hair!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe