Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MissS

A-List Customer
Hi everyone! I'm new here...

Hi everyone

I'm new here, though I've been lurking for the last few weeks - it took me that long to work my way through this thread!

May I say, you ladies are a wonderful inspiration and full of knowledge! I was so inspired, I did shop - curlers, setting lotion, head scarves (eeek!) and did a dry set on my hair for the first time last night.

Being chinese, my hair is normal poker straight, but I looked like a poodle after I took the rollers out this morning! After some heavy handed brushing, I managed to get it looking ok enough to venture out of the house. I thought I'd share my first attempt with you! Please excuse the low quality webcam image...

Picture6.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
That's absolutely lovely, MissS! I to have recently discovered the all-important brushing process, and the difference a good natural hair brush can make. I have some pix of the result, and if I feel brave I will post them if I can figure out how.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
So, I V-rolled my hair today. It was up for about 12 hours, and when I got home I proceeded to take it down and brush it out. Here's the thing- I ended up with picture-perfect Farrah hair. The whole feathering, blown back nine yards. I could have been an extra on Love, American Style. Anyone else ever witness this phenomenon? It's never happened to me before; I don't know why it happened tonight.
Weird.[huh]

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Welcome MissS! Your hair is lovely! Hope your style lasts all day...I have Oriental hair and it took me all of two years to find a way to make it stay put. Normal products made it bog down:rolleyes: Hope to hear from you quite a bit in here and again welcome.

MissS

A-List Customer
Thank you for the wonderful welcomes everyone!

The hairstyle lasted for 2 days, including 1 gym session and I didn't even sleep with anything over it! A quick brush and a bit of back-combing at the crown the next morning, and I was ready to go - yay!

Your comments re Veronica Lake made me laugh - I was actually trying for a curlier Rita Hayworth look, but the frenzied brushing session turned it into a lovely mistake, hmmm...maybe I should pretend that's what I was aiming for in the first place!

Hope your style lasts all day...I have Oriental hair and it took me all of two years to find a way to make it stay put. Normal products made it bog down

Retromum, I know what you mean! I used mousse and hairspray and whilst it held up well, it definately felt very bogged down. I'm on the search for setting lotion (very hard to find here in Australia - I walked into a salon and the lady asked if it was for my mother?!) and we don't have anything like your Sally's here....never mind, I'm on the hunt and will do lots of experiments!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
MissS said:
I'm on the search for setting lotion (very hard to find here in Australia - I walked into a salon and the lady asked if it was for my mother?!) and we don't have anything like your Sally's here....never mind, I'm on the hunt and will do lots of experiments!

welcome, MissS!

there's a thread on setting lotion and a bunch of australian girls here - that would be a good place to start your search :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone.
MissHannah- I will try to post a diagram of what I did as I don't know if I can explain it. I just rolled it all over and there's about 50 bobby pins.
dollydaydream-Thanks!. I don't know why I always pout. I think I secretly want to be a pinup.
The Shirt-The updo is thanks to your inspiration. Next time we hang out I want to look as good as you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe