Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
80 years difference

Just picked up a very modern 1911 by Para-Ordnance today. Had to compare it to my 1928 Argentine. Interesting in the similarities moreso than differences. Sights, the ability to be reliable with Hollowpoint ammo are truly the only major improvements except for the light rail. JMB had it right!
002-6.jpg

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Beautiful Mauser, I have a "wannabe" K98 Yugo. It is similar in appearance that why I bought it. I originally went to buy a No 4 enfield but saw it sitting on the rack screaming "Buy me" ! Nice thing is there is some surplus 8mm ammo out there still. They have just released some new Yugo "sniper" rounds
I don't know if its for sniper rifles though. If I didn't have a lifetime supply I would jump on it.

Levallois

Practically Family
DeaconKC said:
Just picked up a very modern 1911 by Para-Ordnance today. Had to compare it to my 1928 Argentine. Interesting in the similarities moreso than differences. Sights, the ability to be reliable with Hollowpoint ammo are truly the only major improvements except for the light rail. JMB had it right!
002-6.jpg

Quite frankly, I prefer the look and simply lines of the Argentine. The Para might be easier to shoot right off the bat but the older one will do the job with only a little more practice. I know, I know - spoken like a true "young fogey."

John

leicanthrope

New in Town
DeaconKC said:
That is in very nice shape. Was it a vet bringback?

It's actually a Russian capture with the stock refinished to get rid of that God awful red shellac they plaster all over it. I've counted twelve different Waffenamts, so she's definitely something of a Frankenstein rifle. Fantastic bore, and very accurate.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Oh ,and the Argie is a fine shooter, bites my hand pretty good though [fat paws]. It does not like HPs, but few guns from back then do without polishing on the ramps.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
M48A Yugo Mauser with a WW1 German bayonet (handle is bent so it doesn't fit on all the way :( ).
Mauserbayo002.jpg

M48A Yugo Mauser with 1943-dated German bayonet.
Mauserbayo004.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
^ Nice stuff Deacon. I envy you for those German guns.

I just had a Remington 11-48 12 ga. dropped off at my door this evening.
A recoil operated gun made just before the model 58 (58s were the gas operated jobs with the dial at the forend to accommodate different strength loads). Funny, this 11-48 had a Polychoke installed on what was once a full choke barrel and a Redfield side receiver mount peep sight. My guess is that maybe there is deer barrel somewhere for this gun. But a peep sight!?!?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
FYI . . Auto-Ordnance has just released a semi-auto "pistol" version of the classic 1927 A-1 Thompson SMG. Registering it as as a handgun allows for the original 10.5" barrel length without being classified a Class 3 firearm.

I'll be putting in an order for mine in time for Christmas.

Matt Crunk said:
FYI . . Auto-Ordnance has just released a semi-auto "pistol" version of the classic 1927 A-1 Thompson SMG. Registering it as as a handgun allows for the original 10.5" barrel length without being classified a Class 3 firearm.
Problem is, it has to be late-style forearm only--put the vertical on it and it becomes an "AOW", which is an NFA toy prohibited in some states and requiring registration with ATF in the rest.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Yeah, I might just buy the SBR version instead. Price is about $600 more, plus the $200 transfer tax, but then everything is nice and legal. What I'd really like to own is an original full-auto, but I can't justify $10k+ for a gun. A friend of mine has one, and I've shot it several times. Very sweet and surprisingly tame compared to what you'd think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley