Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Short leather motorcycle jacket

Stephen M

New in Town
I'm 5'7" and got a few extra pounds and I'm trying to find a jacket that is not too long. I like the Vanson Comet but it is slim tapered at the waist, also like the Vanson Model B but I'm afraid it may be too long, my last jacket kept pushing into my neck when I was riding. Anyone have an idea what might be a good fit? I normally war around a size 44. Also, I prefer the cafe style.

Lynford Andrews

New in Town
I'm 5'7" and got a few extra pounds and I'm trying to find a jacket that is not too long. I like the Vanson Comet but it is slim tapered at the waist, also like the Vanson Model B but I'm afraid it may be too long, my last jacket kept pushing into my neck when I was riding. Anyone have an idea what might be a good fit? I normally war around a size 44. Also, I prefer the cafe style.
Hi,

Roland Sands - Ronin jacket in Tobacco is very good. It takes body armour too.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Have you looked at Vansons Model A? It is relatively short in the front and has a backdip so it still covers you when being forward on the bike. Best of both worlds if looking at Comet and Model B.

It is 1.5“ shorter in the front than the Model B. Underarm gussets, action back, there is a version that accepts armor. The Model A is a high tier riding jacket and might suit your needs just perfect.

Peacoat

Bartender
Hi,

Roland Sands - Ronin jacket in Tobacco is very good. It takes body armour too.
Thinking this may be a an advertising post, I googled the mentioned jacket.

.9m-1.1mm thickness for a riding jacket? I wouldn't want to trust my skin to something this lightweight. Granted it has inserts for armor, but what about the areas (vast majority) not covered by the armor? I'll stick to my 1.4 mm, and above, riding jackets.

Lynford Andrews

New in Town

.9m-1.1mm thickness for a riding jacket? I wouldn't want to trust my skin to something this lightweight. Granted it has inserts for armor, but what about the areas (vast majority) not covered by the armor? I'll stick to my 1.4 mm, and above, riding jackets.
OK. I take it, that you do not like it then. They're not rubbish, it's in a Caffè Racer style, I have two, one in black and the others a tobacco.

barnabus

One Too Many

I don't have a horse in this race, but as an aside:

It's apparently CE rated at AA for motorcycle PPE, which seems pretty respectable. I don't have any Roland Sands gear, but I'm happy to ride in something AA rated - that's only one level below a full leather race suit.

My armoured UHMWPE jacket is AA, my riding jeans are AA.

The rating takes account of more than leather thickness. Revzilla detail it all here:

ETA: I've also crashed in a waxed cotton Barbour layered over a single A-rated riding shirt. The slide wore straight through the jacket, but the abrasion didn't get through the shirt to my precious skin.

Didn't save me from the actual impact forces though, so I broke lots of bones!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads