Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 618HH size 42

Ponyboy

New in Town
I appreciate all the responses. I guess I will just continue wearing it and breaking it in and see how things go. If I stay on track with my fitness goals, perhaps with some more break-in and another 10 lbs it’ll be perfectly comfortable. The sleeves do seem to be loosening up a bit. Maybe I under estimated just what “breaking it in” entails.

roadking04

Practically Family
@Ponyboy, Welcome to the lounge. I am a proud 618hh owner also. My weight can fluctuate sometimes. I am mostly around a size 46 chest. I sized up per Schott's recommendation and bought a 48. Fit great in the fall/winter on the bike. The HH breaks in rather quickly/easily. When summer rolls around and I ride with the lapels snapped down, the jacket does tend to balloon a little bit. Sometimes I regret not trying out a 46. I like my m/c jackets to fit a little more snug (thanks to JMax).

I've lost a few pounds and am considering a size 46 now, maybbeeee a size 44. I really hate to sell the 48, but it is a possibility. I can usually lose the extra lbs., my problem is KEEPING them off. lol.

I will probably always have a 618 in my very small collection. Baseball, apple pie, and Schott perfecto..pure Americana. If you plan on losing a few more pounds and riding in the jacket, I would recommend the 42.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
@Ponyboy
Still selling the 42? Very interested. I ride too lol I have a 40 chest since the reopening of the gyms here in Germany and will continue to get bigger. Let me send you a PM

Ponyboy

New in Town
Update for everyone; I have been wearing the jacket, and it has worn in a bit more. I added stars to the epaulettes from schott, and I have lost some more weight. I’m at 188 now, but I fear the jacket is still a bit snug. My lats are Just too thick on my small frame. I also just picked up a new bike that I am absolutely in love with. Pics for your enjoyment. These were taken this last Sunday
D0AC97D7-F7DC-406C-AEB7-786C61EC8C26.jpeg

D72C7D7D-CF07-428F-A640-0C002E3D901A.jpeg

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Update for everyone; I have been wearing the jacket, and it has worn in a bit more. I added stars to the epaulettes from schott, and I have lost some more weight. I’m at 188 now, but I fear the jacket is still a bit snug. My lats are Just too thick on my small frame. I also just picked up a new bike that I am absolutely in love with. Pics for your enjoyment. These were taken this last Sunday
View attachment 241171
View attachment 241172

Nice bike!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Great bike and nice photos of you on there. You seem to enjoy both the jacket & the bike there. That fit is really good to me, I'd give it another week or two of use, Horsehide does take a while to break in. Nice boots there - which ones are they?

Ponyboy

New in Town
ASOS design western Harness Boot. They look nice but they’re cheaper quality than I expected. They are marketed as leather but I think it’s this bonded leather bullshit that’s all over the place these days. I’ve always been a fan of winkle pickers and snip toe boots. It’s the goth and glam/hair metal Fan in me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1