Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rookie Mistake (Need Help!)

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T.Marcus said:
I remember something called "SILLY PUTTY". We used to spread it flat on the Sunday funny papers. When it was peeled up, it had soaked up enough ink to show the picture (in reverse) on the surface of the putty which had been in contact with the paper. :)
Brilliant......:eusa_clap

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
OK, its good as new now.

lotsofstuff2008002.jpg

OK, thank you all for the wonderful advice. Although I didn't follow any of your advice, I thought you'd appreciate the final fixed product. lol Anybody want to venture a guess as to just how I got it looking like this?

MAB1

Suspended
kowalskt63 said:
lotsofstuff2008002.jpg

OK, thank you all for the wonderful advice. Although I didn't follow any of your advice, I thought you'd appreciate the final fixed product. lol Anybody want to venture a guess as to just how I got it looking like this?

Tell us before we kill ya.

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
OK, enough suspense already

Don't laugh first of all....
I ran over to Home Depot and picked up a can of Rustoleum Satin finish spray paint, color Ivory. After a few coats, couldn't tell that it was ever stained. I figure if it's good for outdoor wicker furniture, then surely it will work on my hat. So, thats the story. :eusa_clap

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
Nice Idea!

Hey Kabuto, you just gave me an idea. I'll get my trusty can of Rustoleum out, and you can tag sports team logo's on the hats. Then we'll sell them at the concession stands at all the games. Eventually we'll get a contract with MLB or NFL, and not only will we become millionaires, but we'll also kick off the next big historical wave of Fedora wearing in the world. Just a thought...:D

MAB1

Suspended
kowalskt63 said:
Don't laugh first of all....
I ran over to Home Depot and picked up a can of Rustoleum Satin finish spray paint, color Ivory. After a few coats, couldn't tell that it was ever stained. I figure if it's good for outdoor wicker furniture, then surely it will work on my hat. So, thats the story. :eusa_clap

Yup!

And everbody thought I was nuts. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust