Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Role club brown engineer boots Italian horsehide

Fast16

New in Town
Hi everyone , I sell my pair of role club engineer boots in brown Italian horsehide .
Size 27.5 D ( 8D )
Not new but in really good conditions .
Price : 1000 dollars .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 228
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 214

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars
Beware of this seller. See my posting about another sale.

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars
You can have seller PM an image of shipping receipt or share tracking information with you.
I have asked repeatedly. He has been telling me that postal functions are down in France. I paid for the boots at his request (and against my better judgment) with f&f with PP on 8/8/2024. His newest message says that I should be able to get a tracking number Tuesday 8/20. He states that I'm being too pushy to expect quick shipping and that he is not Amazon. Accused me of being a pushy American and that he has tons of experience selling boots and that he has never dealt with bull shit like mine. In my experience, this is very unusual. I have bought and sold several pairs of boots used and usually sellers arrange shipping at the time of sale and get them shipped quickly. Live and learn and I will definitely ask more questions in the future. And, I will never use f&f payment again. Sorry, hate to sound dramatic.... just feeling pissed about the entire fiasco. Think I need a long walk.

Last edited:

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Whe
I have asked repeatedly. He has been telling me that postal functions are down in France. I paid for the boots at his request (and against my better judgment) with f&f with PP on 8/8/2024. His newest message says that I should be able to get a tracking number Tuesday 8/20. He states that I'm being too pushy to expect quick shipping and that he is not Amazon. Accused me of being a pushy American and that he has tons of experience selling boots and that he has never dealt with bull shit like mine. In my experience, this is very unusual. I have bought and sold several pairs of boots used and usually sellers arrange shipping at the time of sale and get them shipped quickly. Live and learn and I will definitely ask more questions in the future. And, I will never use f&f payment again. Sorry, hate to sound dramatic.... just feeling pissed about the entire fiasco. Think I need a long walk.
when I sell an item for a significant amount of $$$ i always go the extra distance too put the buyers mind at ease with the transaction and to assure them the deal is legitimate. I always get the tracking number ASAP. This guy doesn’t seem to be doing that at all. Your concerns are justified.

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars
Whe

when I sell an item for a significant amount of $$$ i always go the extra distance too put the buyers mind at ease with the transaction and to assure them the deal is legitimate. I always get the tracking number ASAP. This guy doesn’t seem to be doing that at all. Your concerns are justified.
Thanks Dave. I feel the same. Once I receive payment, I make shipping and communication a priority. The buyer has entrusted me with their money. I feel responsible to get them their item ASAP. And, I believe in the Golden Rule.

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
Thanks Dave. I feel the same. Once I receive payment, I make shipping and communication a priority. The buyer has entrusted me with their money. I feel responsible to get them their item ASAP. And, I believe in the Golden Rule.
I forgot if it was Germany, but somewhere in the EU dealing with the same postal strikes. The seller dropped it off and I think it took a week or two to get updated as "picked up". I was nervous too but everything came through as expected

Cskarev

New in Town
For me, the most important signal/proof that something is wrong is the silence of the seller. it is pretty easy and logical if you are challenged that you are not correct to come out and show some proofs, and provide some response to the buyer’s worries. None of that has happened.

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars
I appreciate the support voiced here by multiple members. I've resigned myself that I've been scammed. If he actually sends me the boots, I'll be pleasantly surprised and apologize. Regardless, this is not the behavior I have come to experience on here or other forums where I have bought and sold with great communication and satisfaction.

Perhaps coincidental, but this was just posted on Stitchdown Discord this past week.

Stitchdown08/15/2024 8:04 AM
about to post this on IG as well, but I think it's really important to share here of course @everyone PSA: DO NOT GET BOOT-SCAMMED! It’s recently come to my attention, from multiple trusted sources on IG and our Discord, that there is a highly unfortunate and seemingly growing “quality-boots-for-sale” scam strategy pervading Instagram. Here’s how it works:
  1. Accounts will masquerade as boot enthusiasts, sometimes posting their “own” pairs, sometimes directly duplicating posts from retailers (or even myself) photo for photo, word for word, and then sometimes having something “for sale”
  2. When interest is expressed, of COURSE the boots are still available (remember: the boots are not real, this is a scam), and a PayPal Friends & Family payment is requested
  3. From there, an intentionally confusing conversation will ensue involving fees and taxes and duties and shipping—more money will always be requested
  4. Excuses will be made about delays and confusion sewed.
  5. They will get your $$; you will never get the boots.
  6. After an IG account is somewhat “found out,” new accounts with the same approach, but different names, will emerge—this is one of the trickiest parts of awareness as there’s no way to say which account the scammer will open next.
Surely strategies will change over time especially with this information out—and new pages will keep popping up. So it’s important to think about how to be careful as they do.

Last edited:

KBlake

One Too Many
I appreciate the support voiced here by multiple members. I've resigned myself that I've been scammed. If he actually sends me the boots, I'll be pleasantly surprised and apologize. Regardless, this is not the behavior I have come to experience on here or other forums where I have bought and sold with great communication and satisfaction.

Perhaps coincidental, but this was just posted on Stitchdown Discord this past week.

Stitchdown08/15/2024 8:04 AM
about to post this on IG as well, but I think it's really important to share here of course @everyone PSA: DO NOT GET BOOT-SCAMMED! It’s recently come to my attention, from multiple trusted sources on IG and our Discord, that there is a highly unfortunate and seemingly growing “quality-boots-for-sale” scam strategy pervading Instagram. Here’s how it works:
  1. Accounts will masquerade as boot enthusiasts, sometimes posting their “own” pairs, sometimes directly duplicating posts from retailers (or even myself) photo for photo, word for word, and then sometimes having something “for sale”
  2. When interest is expressed, of COURSE the boots are still available (remember: the boots are not real, this is a scam), and a PayPal Friends & Family payment is requested
  3. From there, an intentionally confusing conversation will ensue involving fees and taxes and duties and shipping—more money will always be requested
  4. Excuses will be made about delays and confusion sewed.
  5. They will get your $$; you will never get the boots.
  6. After an IG account is somewhat “found out,” new accounts with the same approach, but different names, will emerge—this is one of the trickiest parts of awareness as there’s no way to say which account the scammer will open next.
Surely strategies will change over time especially with this information out—and new pages will keep popping up. So it’s important to think about how to be careful as they do.
I only buy from members who are well established on here. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Davidchee5

Familiar Face
I am sorry this happened as well, but if it is any consolation, all the money in the world would not be able to buy this person his soul.

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
I am so sorry this happened to you, man. We all come here for the love of boots and jackets and to see this happen is sad to see. I am always aware of sales that are by new members or sound too good to be true, Or members that are new and lower their price so quickly. All that said, I was once a new member and bought things here but never sold. I hope you get the protection and get your Money back.

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars
UPDATE: My boots have arrived from @Fast16. I have apologized to him privately for questioning whether he would honor the sale. He graciously accepted. I posted about this on the original sale thread as well. Sorry if this is redundant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads