Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review of a Rainbow Country x Mirror Ball ltd. Ed 40's style Sports Jacket "Santa Clara" made from mahogany veg tan Buffalo Hide

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Impressive jacket and and review! I like the Cal Mfg. label, one of my favorites. I seen very few vintage jackets by this label. They were right in the center of jacket excellence, Bay Area. I'm curious why more do show up.

So many great designs came from this area. They were the leaders, innovators, the creators

The back story is a treat to read. The excitement of the find!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Impressive jacket and and review! I like the Cal Mfg. label, one of my favorites. I seen very few vintage jackets by this label. They were right in the center of jacket excellence, Bay Area. I'm curious why more do show up.

So many great designs came from this area. They were the leaders, innovators, the creators

The back story is a treat to read. The excitement of the find!
Here is an original label, I think. This is the only one I've seen. All this time I had thought the (Rainbow Country) California Mfg Co was a made up label.
1726502208412.jpeg

1726502242033.jpeg

1726502266854.jpeg

I’m not normally a fan of Japanese stuff as I feel the proportions are too far mutilated from the originals to look good but this jacket is certainly an exception. Materials, construction and fit all look exceptional. Absolutely beautiful Halfbelt. Superb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton