Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Replacement Hat Liner

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
So, is there anything you can do to soften the glue to remove it? Or are you just faced with carefully removing the glued liner from the glue? Anything you can do to clean the leftover glue off the inside of the hat?

I've got a 30XB Stetson with the sweatband with almost half of the stitches broken. The previous owner glued the sweatband to it. I removed the glue by heating the felt with a hair blowdryer. It takes a bit of time to the glue soften but I was able to remove the glue. Apply the heat on the other side of the felt, not directly to the glue, you want to try to remove the glue, not burn yourself.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Pretty much my sentiments as well, although I do stitch liners into place. I've never had any difficulty doing it, but I know of a few people who say it gives them fits. I'd much prefer those people just put in the liner and call it good rather than use glue. Glue not only mars the liner material, it doesn't do the felt any favors, either. I've seen liners glued in with waaaay more glue than necessary. The glue penetrates the felt and takes the felt with it when the liner is removed.

I'm in complete agreement with your last sentence, by the way. You can aim for perfection, and get closer to it with practice, but I know of no one who has ever quite gotten there.

Well, tonyb, I've seen your hats and you're a hell of a lot closer than I am.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I make Silk liners to size. Can do either an open seam or closed seam which ever you prefer. Have a few colors left of some nice quality silk that works well with vintage hat colors.
056b1a361241c3358b569d6f7e375f56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RJR

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
I make Silk liners to size. Can do either an open seam or closed seam which ever you prefer. Have a few colors left of some nice quality silk that works well with vintage hat colors.
056b1a361241c3358b569d6f7e375f56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey there Bond. What colors do you have and what is the cost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads