Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Religion in the 40's & 50's

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
That is exactly what I experienced when growing up in the 40's-50's. My brother and I were sent to the nearest acceptable protestant church, but my parents did not attend -- unless one or both of us had to perform in some church function. However, by the time I was in my teens, my mother and then my father started attending. I left at 16 never to return, but the parents attended up until near the time my father died.

karol

RedPop4

One Too Many
Guys, this thread has been great.
I'm raised Roman Catholic from New Orleans, and it SEEMS that everyone simply went to Church. I'm only 39. But I've been involved (I'm a musician) at two parishes that recently celebrated jubilees of one sort or another.

ALL the old photos show packed Churches. Or, the one where I am now, the area around where the building is was packed with what appears thousands of people as they break ground in 1950 for the Church we're in, now.....Lots of nice hats in those photos, too. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun