Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real Time Capsules

Haversack

One Too Many
I've made mention here before about finding newspapers and dried-up apple cores left over from some workman in the double wall cavity of the California Governors' Mansion. That they survived intact is not suprising as it is a fairly dry environment. What was suprising was finding newspaper from late 1930s Germany still being readable after being buried underground for 45 years. They had been used to insulate a buried concrete pipe-chase outside the battery's barracks. It all got dug up during the major remodeling that went on in the 1980s. Of course there are also the sealed-off and flooded underground facilities that continue to exist under most WWII German military bases.

Haversack.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Include some roll on the floor comedies like the 3 Stooges, W.C. Fields, Marx Bros. etc. cause they'll need 'em. We've already lost most of our sense of humor and in 100 years it'll be a suppressed memory like Mr. Spock showing emotion.:p

Foofoogal

Banned
I read the other day the people who have that car they unearthed last year are actually going to redo it. Not restore to drive but to look at. lol

panamag8or

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
I read the other day the people who have that car they unearthed last year are actually going to redo it. Not restore to drive but to look at. lol

They have some work to do.

071108_A15_hThey46213_A17belv8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe