Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on Schott Perfecto

MSC100

New in Town
Has anyone ever seen the Schott Perfecto with a black Schott label sewn outside of the coin pocket? I dont recall ever seeing this ???

Attachments

• IMG_4603.png
    IMG_4603.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 35

MSC100

New in Town
Yes. That ticket was used on jackets from 1982-1984. Here’s one I used to own and one I currently own.

View attachment 649584 View attachment 649585
Thanks Jeo, whats your exerience with the quality of the jacket. Looks like yours has Schott snaps as well.
Yes. That ticket was used on jackets from 1982-1984. Here’s one I used to own and one I currently own.

View attachment 649584 View attachment 649585
What's your opinion of the snap placement on the collars ? They appear kind of random being so close and off center.

Attachments

• IMG_4604.png
    IMG_4604.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 27

jeo

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Jeo, whats your exerience with the quality of the jacket. Looks like yours has Schott snaps as well.

The first one is earlier and has smooth snaps and mitre buckle. Second one has the Schott “bullet” snaps and the later buckle. Yours is a mixture.

The quality and the sizing varies wildly. These both are size 36 and with only a year or two apart one fits like a true 36 and one fits like a small 34…go figure.

What's your opinion of the snap placement on the collars ? They appear kind of random being so close and off center.

Yeah, looks like this one was more sloppily put together (at least the snaps)

Anything after around 1980 up to around mid 2000’s is a crapshoot with Schott. Way too many inconsistencies with leather, fit and without having it in hand, it’s going to be difficult to tell if it’s a 118 or a 618.

MSC100

New in Town
Thanks for the insight on that. I can only afford to buy one jacket and Im trying to make the best decision on a Perfecto that is vintage but in good repair and not modified. I guess the factory (anomaly) of the snap placement on this one is authentic at least, if not too perfect LOL :)

jeo

Call Me a Cab
Wasn't this done only on the jackets for the European distributors?
I remember someone postulating that once on here before but never backed it up. If I remember correctly it was after Gail passed away so I could never confirm and I’ve never heard that anywhere else.

I remember someone postulating that once on here before but never backed it up. If I remember correctly it was after Gail passed away so I could never confirm and I’ve never heard that anywhere else.

Aye, I may recall Gail mentioning this plus I've only seen these pocket labels on Perfectos on Vinted but... I don't really know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niicorobin246