Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purse and Shoe addiction!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bella, those are great bags!!
I don't have too many vintage bags. But, I do have a bit of a handbag obsession. I'm really looking forward to buying a Gucci bag while in Italy. I hear that they have a totally different line then the ones we get here in America.
This weekend I bought the new style of the Prada black messenger bag. It's a little smaller than the original messenger bag, but still plenty roomy. I didn't want to travel around Italy with a handbag. I wanted a bag big enough for my passport, my big camera, a wallet and some cosmetics and medications. I didn't want to use my back pack, because I wanted something that would look a little nicer when I'm dressed more than casual. I guess I could have bought the same bag while in Italy, but I didn't want to take the chance and not have anything to tote around the stuff I want to bring with me everywhere. I'm very happy with the purchase. But, after I buy a Gucci bag on vacation, I'm gonna have to stop buying bags for a while. I've already bought three Gucci's this year. They are all just so pretty, I can't decide on just one. I hear the price of Fendi in Italy is also really reasonable. If I can get one at a good price, I might not be able to pass it up. Wouldn't want to have any regrets.
Argh, this handbag obsession can be crazy, at least I'll have a cute wallet, even if it is empty!

Miss_Bella_Hell

BonnieJean said:
You better hold on tightly to that purse! Wow, what a find! It looks like its in very good condition. Red Dofans must be a little rarer, because I hardly see any and when I do, they're usually way out of my price league. I haven't been to an estate sale in a while. I ought to start going again, just to snag up all the "little old lady" purses.

Miss Bella, if you ever tire of your sweet red Dofan, I know where you can send it! :D
lol Good to know there's an adoptive home waiting!

It's funny, I rarely go to estate sales, but my boyfriend and I headed over to this one...I got a Fire King jadite plate there for 50 cents, a pink celluloid confetti necklace for a quarter, an adorable little vintage sparkly pink lint remover...and my boyfriend got several vintage ties, in addition to that bag. It was like HEAVEN at that estate! Too bad the lady was so petite, or I would have purchased everything in her closet too.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Oh my gosh- I've always been a handbag & shoe nut... I especially love clutches~ I have amased a small collection. Right now my favorite bag was my grandmother's brown crocodile, but it needs a new handle. I'll try and post some pics soon.

GOK

One Too Many
I have a couple of vintage bags that I bought from Ebay last year for £5 each, which are adorable. I have just bought these too - both from Ebay for $10.45 each.

Coblentz:

Coblentz8.jpg

Coblentz7.jpg

Coblentz6.jpg

Coblentz5.jpg

Coblentz4.jpg

Coblentz3.jpg

Coblentz2.jpg

Coblentz1.jpg

I'll put the others into the next post :D

Miss_Bella_Hell

Thanks! I haven't even used it yet, I have like 4 news bags I got all at once, including a pink and red polka dot Marc Jacobs number that I've been toting since it holds more than the Dofan!

Marc Jacobs is my one designer weakness, but fortunately I was able to get this bag on sale - WAY on sale!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
CherryRed, what a beautiful purse! I'm still looking for Dofans--seems everyone is looking for them too! They're getting snagged up or the prices are pretty steep.

Grace

Vendor
There is no such thing as too many purses or too many shoes. :) Which reminds me, I'm in the market for a navy blue purse to match my vintage 40s navy blue peep toes (eBay last year for $10 including shipping!) and some leopard heels to match my leopard clutch! And some gold heels (preferably springolators) to match my plethora of gold clutches. I could go on.

Ooo and I'd love a black and white spectator purse to match my black and white spectator pumps! Now that would be pulled together.

Foofoogal

Banned
oh, I have to take photos and it is dark and rainy today. I promise tomorrow. I try to rest on Sunday. Can you tell?
I did go to church today.lol

I would vote in a heartbeat to bring back the old blue law.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
I would vote in a heartbeat to bring back the old blue law.

:eek:fftopic:
Is there a thread on this? If not, there should be! I spent 20 years in retail and firmly believe that it is just out of control! I'll spare you the rant. lol

Foofoogal

Banned
I had to list the purse as special day yesterday.

I love Jerome purses. Ever heard of them. I sold a fabulous lipstick shiny red one once. I sort of regret it.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Sorry Foof, I've never met Jerome.
I did just arrange a holiday with Jerry Moss!

I've been watching this bag for weeks on end. Now that I'm sticking to my own NSB rules I finally decided today was my day. It has some wear damage on the side edges but I was willing to suck it up because the design element makes up for the condition.

Anybody ever touch up leather on a bag?
What did you use and how did it turn out?

I've been blogging about purses all day! Sure beats shovelling snow!

Jerry Moss' Holiday
il_430xN.101944285.jpg

il_430xN.101944360.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Ladies - so many beautiful purses!

I have more of a purse than shoe addiction - I always find certain outfits need a certain kind of purse - so I've amassed quite a collection.

Here's a Dofan that I got from Etsy - it can be carried with the handle or as a clutch. I was delighted to find the tiny key for the purse inside it - wasn't expecting that at all!

Dofan.jpg

Dofanjpg2.jpg

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
Oh boy...considering I used to work in retail back in my late teens, I'd had quite the collection of handbags, but gave some of them away (one - my favorite was a kelly bag, added to the pile by accident!). I have a pretty large collection of shoes too. Some are vintage styled, but none actually from back in the day. Can't say I rival Ms Marcos, but I have enough to warrant several space for Rubbermaid tubs in my closet. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe