Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Ca. late 1940s/early 1950s Borsalino, very soft weight, velvety feel felt.

11.5cm crown height to the front crease

20241012_134353.jpg
Bello. It is possible to see the interior and the paper label if it is still in position? Thanks Steve

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A bit of a treat, especially considering in what condition it arrived (see the Other than Ebay etc thread). This brand doesn't show up often, so if it does I'll jump on it. It was a lottery hat, because I didin't know what size it was when I bought it.
Rehfus Olympia homburg in grey. Size 57 (huzzah!) with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. High quality felt and finishing. Weighs 139 grams.

rehfus homburg_01.jpg
Excellent hat and, even more, the work for the restoration

StuK323

New in Town
My latest hat, a custom moss Green fedora from HNC Hatworks (formally Agnoulita Hats)

The model is known as the coach, although it's not offered at this time (similar hats are available)

The specs are:
- Rabbit fur-felt hat body
- 5 1/4" center dent crown
- 3 5/8" raw-edged stiff flat brim
- 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon hatband
- Rayon satin lining
- Genuine leather sweatband

My hat has a colour pallet based on a Herbert John Poet, worn by a certain scarf-wearing time traveller (for those not familiar with Doctor Who, Tom Baker had 3 different coloured hats, the second one her wore was Bottle Green/Moss green depending who you ask and which light it's under)

I wasn't going for an exact match, as the original hat has a more "Fluffy" look to it which may draw some unfavourable looks from the people at the footy or in town.

Now, I took a bit of a gamble on HNC as I was not familiar with their work before I stumbled across their store on Etsy, I have to say I feel it has more than paid off.

Customer service was excellent, Mr P took me through all the options, even trying to help me work out the best shade of green for the hat I was trying to replicate. Excellent communication and I would certainly recommend them at the price of the hats available, especially as everything is tailored to the wearer's needs as much as possible. The hat came well packaged and with a lovely bag to store it in (sadly the bag had to be used as we lost my pet rabbit a few days later.)

Attachments

• my new hat.jpg
    my new hat.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 13
  • my new hat inside.jpg
    my new hat inside.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The market is always open with my sweet disappointment :)
A couple bought some weekd ago with bad pictures and a "special" offer of the seller
Guerra 1855. Color: Black. Size 59 but it is a 60 cm.
Guerra Nero TreQuarti1.jpg

Measurements: Brim 6.2 cm. Ribbon in leather with Guerra pin 1 cm. Low point crown 10 cm. Sweatband is in fabric
Guerra Nero Fianco.jpg
Classic Italian hat from the 60 - 70s. Soft and very malleable felt. Felt finish as “antelope or chamois”. Lined. Used.
Guerra Nero Interno.jpg
Made in the 60s or 70s of the last century. Guerra 1855 is a very small hats rpoducer that has many type of hats, some are very interesting, some others average and some rare gem
Guerra Nero TreQuarti.jpg
It will be in the list of the expendable. If someone is falling in love with it write me some lines

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The companion of the Guerra 1855 in black
Brasiliano is sometimes associated with Borsalino, but in my opinion is a trademark which used subcontractors to put Italian hats on the market that covered sectors not coveted by large producers.
It's difficult to say who the real manufacturer is, but my opinion is that it's a hat made in Monza
Brasiliano “Echt Leder”. Color: Blue. Size 59 but it is a 60 cm.
Brasiliano Blu TreQuarti 1.jpg

Measurements: Brim 6.5 cm. Ribbon 4 cm. Low point crown 10 cm.
Brasiliano Blu Fronte.jpg
Sweatband is marked with “ Lepre finissima - Very fine hare”.
The felt is a mix of hare and wool. It is rough and flexible to the touch so my idea is this: it comes from Monza.
The hats produced in Brianza often had the "Lepre Finissima" brand
Lined. Used.
Brasiliano Blu Interno.jpg
Very soft and malleable. It has the “Poet” English fashion, so very malleable and “low” on the head with wide brim.
Brasiliano Blu Fianco.jpg
The colour of the felt is fantastic and the combo with a tone on tone is really interesting
Made in the 70s of the last century.
Brasiliano Blu TreQuarti 2.jpg
It is another of the expendable :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I'm having trouble reading this one. Possibly "Cerviza"? Not one I've heard of before.

20241015_201447.jpg

Established in 1902 according to the sweat label. A Monza company according to the liner logo. It's not easy to photo, but easier to decipher in hand.

20241015_201454.jpg

I'll post more in the Italian Brands Hats thread. See #687.

For me, the best feature is the ribbon and bow treatment.

20241015_201557.jpg

Attachments

• 20241015_201538.jpg
    20241015_201538.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

DiamondJimLA

New in Town
eBay find, Akubra Snowy River, seller's starting bid $100, got it for $65 my offered price, a bargain. Hat is virtually new, I doubt it was ever worn, and fits perfectly. (I am becoming an Akubra fan, my fourth now.)
IMG_4644 (002).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4645 (002).jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4646 (002).jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gold13791