Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
bendingoak said:
There wasn't any liner and there was only parts of the sweatband Remaining.

It's very cool that you have the materials and ability to make those repairs youself. That opens all sorts of options closed to us mortals! Nice ;)

bendingoak

Vendor
zetwal said:
It's very cool that you have the materials and ability to make those repairs youself. That opens all sorts of options closed to us mortals! Nice ;)

As everyone here knows it's very hard to find hats like these in the common sizes in great shape. I very really find them in my size, if I do they either go for so much It makes more sense to just make myself a hat. Ounce in a while I find a gem that needs a little TLC and Can be brought back to glory.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
swinggal said:
fedora.jpg

A romantic classic.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
"Yancy" from Meyer the Hatter

4754807029_a5a83b6a60_b.jpg

4755446388_b4a99350ca.jpg
4755434552_eff577f55d.jpg

Porkpie/Homburg. Silver Belly with Burgundy 6-chord ribbon. From New Orleans. Unknown vintage(60's or later).

rlk said:
4749633366_7457afafe7_b.jpg

Needs some work but the felt is intact if somewhat shrunken and folded to fit the small box.
This will be amazing if you choose to restore it (see my Sigma and Seal Velours). :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

buler

I'll Lock Up
Courtney Townway for Harry Levinson

Here is a nice hat with an interesting brim (patent). Its a Courtney Townway in Royalten quality made for Harry Levinsons (Indiana). The controlled brim 1936 patent is assigned to Harry Siegelbaum, Yonkers, Dalton Hat Company NY Patent 2038875. Essentially there is a rubber tube under the brim binding.

Since I have one other Courtney/Levinson hat I'll start a new thread for them and post more pics/details of this hat.

B

townway_11.jpg

townway_4.jpg

townway_5.jpg

townway_6.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Nice color and style.
ScottF had another Indiana sold hat with that Dalton brim Patent.

I found it:

:( I wish that hat would have fit me - possibly the most beautiful I've owned.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Early low crown telescope

First hat I've seen of this type "in the wild". I've seen these low crowned telescope hats in early ads and a couple of Shorpy pictures but never had the chance to buy one. Here is one marked Wononsco. The only reference to Wononsco is a lake in Connecticut. I'll put more pics in the pre 40s dress hats thread.

B

wononsko_1.jpg

low_crown.jpg

Unca Dusty

Familiar Face
buler said:
First hat I've seen of this type "in the wild". I've seen these low crowned telescope hats in early ads and a couple of Shorpy pictures but never had the chance to buy one. Here is one marked Wononsco. The only reference to Wononsco is a lake in Connecticut. I'll put more pics in the pre 40s dress hats thread.

B

So that's a telescope! Years ago I was reading a pulp crime novel that had character wearing a telescope and I had no idea what it was. This was before the inter-tubes so I couldn't search for it either. I've seen this style in old photos, but alas, unless you're specifically reading about clothing or hats, the captions usually don't describe what people are wearing.

Love your catch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe