Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DSC_7293.jpg

New white mexican hat by VIQUEZ, rabbit hair, nice and confortable ¡¡¡

That looks so smart!
Just lovely.
What can you tell me about the pin? Is it for sport? It compliments & contrasts with the hat very handsomely!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bardsly61.jpg

(auction photo)

Since 1903, Bardsley Hats had manufactured high quality felt hats in Australia, many for the Military.All of their hats I have ever seen were dated on the sweat. Very thoughtful, eh?
Helen Kaminski "merged" with Bardsley Hats in 1995 Helen Kaminski (a brand I've NEVER had a use for) and they now seem relegated to a very few models for the horsey set.
Shame, their lids were as tough as nails. This'll make my third.
Wait, what? Really? My third? :confused:
I guess I like 'em.:thumb:

Landman

One Too Many
Nice looking Open Road. That is going to be a very new one. It has the holographic tag on the sweatband and I think they have only been putting those in there in the past few years.

PS: If you decide to turn the front brim down make sure you steam it real good first or you can damage the felt because it has a lot of stiffener in it.

Last edited:

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Just picked this up on eBay. Stetson "Custom V". Not familiar with the model. The color is this fantastic heathered light grey with specks of blue.

8E49FBD4-3F2A-4342-9841-F4553E396528-3518-000002480F0345B5.jpg

041DE37D-EE1D-4BC4-B197-205FC5AF82BD-3518-0000024811609F18.jpg

Lauro
#1 That is a gorgeous hat with unusual coloring, looks barely worn.
#2 Custom V is a rare find as opposed to OR's Strats and Whippets, I rarely see them on Ebay.

That is a real winner, congrats!

lauro13

One of the Regulars
There wasn't much action on it because of the size. It's a 6 3/4. I almost didn't bid cause of how small it was. I was hesitant to stretch it when it arrived but was amazed at how easy it stretched and how it kept its shape. By the looks of it, it doesn't seem to have been worn. Even came in its original box. Not bad for $70!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82