Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
LT: The hat you have on is well proportioned. The crown is not too high for the brim. I think you should go with your own gut feeling (your first thought as to what looked good) as to what size brim. Whatever you decide, keep the old ones as you may change your mind again in the future as I did. I went from 2 1/8" to 2 1/2" and back to 2 1/8".
Welcome BTW. Looking forward to seeing what style hat strikes your fancy next.

Also, there is nothing wrong with wool, just stay out of the rain, or else..............

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
Christy's Swerford Fedora (maize)
cristysswerfordfedorama.jpg

Hi, you wrote that the colour of the swerford is maize. Could you please describe the colour? On the homepage of secret-hats it looks a little bit green-touched, doesn't it? Is it green touched? http://www.topsecrethats.com/Swerford-Fur-Felt-Fedora?keyword=open&category_id=0&description=1&model=1

Regards,
Ere

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat, job. I love the color and ribbon combination! Also, Art is right, a lot of hatters are getting inspired with his bow style. Dennis posted a couple of Gary White's earlier with similar treatment. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, they say.

job

One Too Many
Thank you all for the compliments.
I think the knot is different than Art's signature one. The yellow ribbon is not inserted inside of a vertical folded ribbon. It's more like three in a row with yellow being one of them.

Last edited:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you all for the compliments.
I think the knot is different than Art's signature one. The yellow ribbon is not inserted inside of a vertical folded ribbon. It's more like three in a row with yellow being one of them which Parker uses a lot.

you're kidding, right?

Until 6 years ago Job, nobody added a color stripe of any kind. Now even GW is copying my ribbon work and there isn't anything I can do about it. Aureliano, you're right about what they say about flattery but "they" don't sit in my chair trying to be different from other hatters only to be closely followed and copied. It simply shows how devoid of ideas other hatters are but dang, I get tired of being the design dept for everybody.

I hate to sound so bitter & I have accepted the situation but really Gents, if we were to trade places wouldn't it get old at some point?

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
I'm sorry I misunderstood. I asked for the accent color to be added. I was referring to how it was applied. I LOVE your hats Art. I would hope any Hatter would be paying homage to you for you are so creative and influential.
Parker make hats his customers want him to make. I can't help but to see your creations and want something so beautiful for myself. I am the one guilty of wanting the yellow ribbon used not Parker.

Last edited:

jwalls

Vendor
004.JPG
003.JPG

I finished this hat today. Lightweight aged beaver / nutria blend body, moss green, 2-5/8" brim, 6" tall block, creased to 5-1/2"
001.JPG

jbucklin

Practically Family
004.JPG
003.JPG

I finished this hat today. Lightweight aged beaver / nutria blend body, moss green, 2-5/8" brim, 6" tall block, creased to 5-1/2"https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-
3qIPWmH5GEw/Tw3YOqERUpI/AAAAAAAABHE/HlMTFR9YkxE/s512/001.JPG

Beautiful Jwalls! Very impressive. Looks great on you too.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm sorry I misunderstood. I asked for the accent color to be added. I was referring to how it was applied. I LOVE your hats Art. I would hope any Hatter would be paying homage to you for you are so creative and influential.
Parker make hats his customers want him to make. I can't help but to see your creations and want something so beautiful for myself. I am the one guilty of wanting the yellow ribbon used not Parker.

I understand John, no worries. Most hatters will do what the clients asks. After all, it's just business.

With me it's a bit different. I freely admit borrowing from past masters and I mentally record details that I see that eventually come out in my designs but I do not steal from current hatters without crediting them. The only instance that comes to mind is my liner. I saw a hat that Trent Johnson did ( Greeley Hat Works) and his liner was only his signature. I thought it was great & the rest is history. I credited him & his hat when showing the liners for the first time.

What irks most is when a hatter accepts all the credit & accolades without giving credit to the originator.

Years back , right after I introduced the color stripe, a member had another hatter renovate a $39 wool hat using my new color stripe design , posted a thread about it, and called the hatter a "genius". Gotta tell you, it floored me that all you have to do is steal to be a genius.

jwalls

Vendor
Tom,
The ribbon is 1-1/2" chocolate brown, binding is the same color, the head shot is nearer the true color.
Thanks to you all for the good reviews!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe