Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
pw014-5.jpg

Beautiful Black OR, hatophile. Lets see some head shots!

ejbhats

A-List Customer
I picked up this really nice porkpie recently for a song and a dance. Super clean except that someone had written their name inside the hat. Has a 2 1/4 inch brim as well as the original box. Box is marked 6 3/4, hat is 7 1/4 but color is right. Feels virtually new!

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I picked up this really nice porkpie recently for a song and a dance. Super clean except that someone had written their name inside the hat. Has a 2 1/4 inch brim as well as the original box. Box is marked 6 3/4, hat is 7 1/4 but color is right. Feels virtually new!

In antiques, that's what they call provenance
:)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
pw017-4.jpg

As requested, Josh. I am not that big on black hats, only have a few, but this one is very nice.

AGREED! Very nice, hatophile! I dont wear black hats very much either. I always feel that people think that I'm Orthodox when I do. Granted, I also dont have any 3 1/2 inch brim Borsalino's like they wear either.

As has been pointed out in other threads, the black hats tend to make one think of Orthodox or Amish depending on your geographical location. I have also recently seen photos of Gypsies (in the music threads) wearing larger brim black hats.

At any rate, I like this one and plan to wear it more next fall and winter, since Spring is making it's way now to Ohio.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Twenty Five Open Road

Got this one in yesterday and I love it! The felt is like clay and it keeps a dry crease amazingly! Other hats I need to steam to keep the crease, but not this one. This is the first time a have felt a Stetson Twenty Five.
Can anyone tell me from what decade this is? It says Open Road in front and Stetson Twenty Five also on the sweatband. I can see that the lining is sewed in. Thanks.
DSC03345.jpg

DSC03346.jpg

DSC03350.jpg

DSC03354.jpg

DSC03359.jpg

DSC03360.jpg

DSC03364.jpg

DSC03355.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member