Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

WOW!!! Incredible Cavanagh Homburg, delectans! That is seriously the most beautiful homburg I have ever seen. My Stetson Supper Club has the red binding also, but not the red ribbon and thin upper brim binding. The thin red binding really pops out from the ink colored blue and makes it look like a cool ring of fire around the brim. I love it. EXCELLENT FIND!!!!!!!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Jeff, thanks! It is a dark navy blue, and the ribbon is burgundy.

Josh, I appreciate your very kind words! Your Stetson Supper Club is one of the most memorable hats I have seen...stunning, with its bold maroon binding, and you wear it well!

DRB

One Too Many
Bowlerman: normally I am not a feather man, but that one compliments the height of the hat. Great find you have there.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Catch-up

Longley,Low & Alexander Chicago Derby
5582696726_317858d0e2_b.jpg

5582106215_e6927eee07_z.jpg
5582104671_0815649b66_z.jpg

Paragon Milan Planter
5582704758_b7319b87db_b.jpg

5582117261_ae887b8a4d_z.jpg
5582700200_332df4f7be_z.jpg

fmw

One Too Many
I have to say some Ebay sellers have a warped concept of the term "mint." My "mint" vintage Stetson Milan arrived today. It was filthy dirty and smelled like mold. I removed the stained pugaree and gave the hat a thorough bath with warm water and dish detergent. After drying it, I treated the sweatband with some leather conditioner. I replaced the pug with a plain brown one and, voila.

brownmilan.jpg

fmw

One Too Many
Now that I look at the image, it looks awful to me. It came with a nice crease but my wash job took care of that. Tomorrow I'll put some stiffener on it, fire up the tea kettle and see what I can do to straighten it out.

fmw

One Too Many
I have to stretch it as well. The washing job shrunk it and it was on the tight side out of the box. I guess I'm finally going to learn to crease a hat. In fact, I think I'll sign out now and get on it.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Bowlerman: normally I am not a feather man, but that one compliments the height of the hat. Great find you have there.

Thanks, DRB! I'm becoming rather fond of it. I never even thought about a feather in relation to crown height before, especially in a derby-- a new hat attribute to ponder!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe