Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Just catching up with the thread. The sweat looked to be in great shape but I wondered if it might be dry or brittle. That can happen in an unused NOS hat, can't it?

You are quite correct. I have a Royal DeLuxe Stetson NOS that was 2 sizes under and cracked at the stitches. The Bantam sweatband is nearly as flexible and soft as new.

DAJE

One of the Regulars
I've been wanting to get a hat like the hat my late father is wearing in my profile pic. Black wide brim fedora.

Yesterday, in my local op-shop (charity shop/thrift store) I see this. And, looking inside, I see it's not only an Akubra, it's a 58: MY EXACT SIZE!!!

IMG_9675.jpg

IMG_9674.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg

It's an Akubra Squatter, inexpertly rebashed into a fedora. I'm going to have to adjust the bash, get it a bit sharper in the pinch and create a bulge in the crown, but all-in-all I couldn't have asked for a better match to my exact desires. It seems to have been worn no more than a couple of times.

Price? $30 (Almost exactly the same in US$).

No noggin shots as I'm particularly shabby at the moment, having just come back a couple of days ago from 6 weeks on the road...

EggHead

Practically Family
looks good... I orders a brown panama - certainly 8 dollars worth I would say, though shipping was a little much from IN. 8^)

I figured $8 + shipping = about $32. Not bad for this Panama. I can only imagine how $150 hat from Panama Bob would look/feel like.
This one has cloth sweatband and 2 1/2 inch brim (I asked for a shorter brim)

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I emailed Bob last night and he said no customizations to the sale hats...

Of course not ! These are excess stock and at the price he is selling them, I would not expect any customization. He'll be getting some new stock and based on the grade you buy and price point you want to pay, a certain level of customization will be available on those. :) The really BEST deals are on his Montecristi's blocked here in the US. Bob's THE place to get a summer lid from :)

Onward thru the Fog :)

Yimmy

New in Town
Yes it does! Both the Dobbs and my previous acquisition, a Royal Stetson I posted a few weeks ago are remarkably similar to yours. I was afraid the brim may be a little skinny for me, but they've grown on me. I like it. Nice Hat!

That Dobbs looks like a dead ringer for my Stetson Golden Century, both inside and out....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe