Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

navarre

Vendor
Since its a bowler party.
Met a lady the other day who like my girl and my hats. She asked if we might be interested in seeing some hats so I gave her my card. Two days ago a box showed up on the door step full of vintage millinery feather work, ladies hats and this bowler. I am flabbergasted. And to beat all it fits!
P1070200.jpg

P1070199.jpg

P1070201.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Re the Stetson Special above -

I had no idea Mayer the Hatter has been open since 1894. Of the American hat stores that are still open, is that the oldest?

Mr. Paladin said:
Mayserwegener, what a great cavalcade of bowlers! My only bowler is a Moore. Very well constructed.

Thanks! :) Agree about Moores. Very well made hat.

150719541 said:
Hi Steve¡¡¡¡ What a great purchase, congratulations ¡¡¡¡
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks! :)

Hückel Zypher Seal Velour

I just received this old (probably 1930s) like new condtition Hückel Zypher Seal Velour. It is an amazing hat but it appears the brim was cut to a smaller size (similar to Robert's recent Mossant). Hard to believe someone would do such a thing. :( The dark green chamois finish is beautiful but hard to photograph. The ribbon/bow, liner and sweatband work are fantastic. It was imported by Saltz's of Washington, DC which is added bonus since I live in the area.

5041929723_b83c284d60_b.jpg

5042559304_488481c5f9_b.jpg

5042561684_d29c4f7359_b.jpg

5042573272_f647138786_b.jpg

5042573334_cbc3fb7bb0_b.jpg

5041949071_ba82b1403b_b.jpg

5041949145_6348de21c9_b.jpg

This one was actually on US eBay. I am sure it would have drawn a higher bid if it had a wider brim. As I mentioned the original brim was hacked down to this smaller size.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
This one was actually on US eBay. I am sure it would have drawn a higher bid if it had a wider brim. As I mentioned the original brim was hacked down to this smaller size.
Because of the finds that you sometimes display, the ones that appeal to me, I just killed 45 minutes on EBay going through vintage this and vintage that. Found very little. Then again, it's just as well, as no money was spent. But some of the chocolate brown European hats, or other browns that you show, are really enviable. Are there European Ebay sites to slog through? I just googled that without good result. I am not a collector like you and RLK, but I am looking to be tempted beyond resistance evey once in a while by a compelling hat like you sometimes buy.

danofarlington said:
Because of the finds that you sometimes display, the ones that appeal to me, I just killed 45 minutes on EBay going through vintage this and vintage that. Found very little. Then again, it's just as well, as no money was spent. But some of the chocolate brown European hats, or other browns that you show, are really enviable. Are there European Ebay sites to slog through? I just googled that without good result. I am not a collector like you and RLK, but I am looking to be tempted beyond resistance evey once in a while by a compelling hat like you sometimes buy.

You just have to keep looking. For example I don't have a pre WWII P. & C. Habig Fedora. I haven't seen one in any size after looking for a few years. The old (1930s and older) German - Austrian Fedoras are rare in any size.

myshkin

New in Town
mayserwegener said:

Looks very luxurious. It's a shame it's been cut down.

Question from a neophyte! What is the purpose of the string band with a button around the band? I've seen it a few times but haven't figured it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe