Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
feltfan said:
Hm, I'm not sure I've noticed that the threads of unreeded sweatbands
are more liable to break from stretching than those of reeded sweats.
If the threads are "liable to snap" they seem to go about it whether
or not the hat is stretched. If the stretching is not severe and the
threads are made of something that is still intact, it seems to work okay.

Much more important is to follow the suggestions HPG made. And go slow,
which I find the most difficult.

Really? I'm very surprised.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Linen Cap

3874496315_c5d4d7ef5a_b.jpg
3874496773_a85064aac4.jpg
3875284726_a5aca5105a_b.jpg

Fresh arrival. As I hoped, the seller couldn't measure it correctly(caps are really tough). Listing said 21-1/2". Its only a tiny bit snug fresh out of the box and should ease in perfectly. Beautiful linen and white leather sweatband.
I'm also wearing this one today.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
3874496315_c5d4d7ef5a_b.jpg

Fresh arrival. As I hoped, the seller couldn't measure it correctly(caps are really tough). Listing said 21-1/2". Its only a tiny bit snug fresh out of the box and should ease in perfectly. Beautiful linen and white leather sweatband.
I'm also wearing this one today.

Super-cool!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
My new panama Bob, I wanted a blue ribbon to go with jeans so...

100_0238-1.jpg

Nice IC. The blue should be very useful with many different wardrobe choices. And, I like that informal "pocket square"; both of them!

Mr. Paladin

Champ just arrived from e-Bay, NWT. Has a two inch brim and I bid on it on a whim because I just had to have a cattleman's creased 2" fedora in my hands to see what it looked like; sort of a mini-OR I thought. This is it. Its a collector but NOT one you can expect to see me wearing again!

ChampCC001.jpg

ChampCC002.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Mr. Paladin said:
Champ just arrived from e-Bay, NWT. Has a two inch brim and I bid on it on a whim because I just had to have a cattleman's creased 2" fedora in my hands to see what it looked like; sort of a mini-OR I thought. This is it. Its a collector but NOT one you can expect to see me wearing again!

ChampCC001.jpg

ChampCC002.jpg
I have to say maybe a fedora crease and the back brim down... this one just might be alright!!! :D

Mr. Paladin

HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey, Mr. P., you want me to cut that brim down for you!? :D

Among all the droll and helpful comments, this one is the winner! Gene, I appreciate the offer but in this case...I think not, unless you could add some width and make me a pencil roll like a homburg! That's it, a cattleman's creased homburg!:D Any less brim on this one and my nose will be out in the sun.

I will also refrain from posting another pic with the brim up, after looking at that in a mirror:eek: ! That sorta looks like a cross between Archie Bunker and Gomer Pyle.:rolleyes:

And, since I really don't like short brims anyway, I think I'll leave it as a cattleman's crease and put it away for its interest factor. Seriously, you won't be seeing that one on my head again.shakeshead

Dundee

A-List Customer
Bluegrass green Camp Draft

This just arrived today.
DCP_3584.jpg

More pictures can be found on the Camp Draft thread.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
New Brooks Brothers hat

Picked this up from a fellow over at AAAC. It's a Brooks Brothers hat, with no other maker's name listed. It has a leather "ribbon" that I don't like and will probably replace with grosgrain. I have no idea of the date: any suggestions? I suppose the paper tag may be a clue, if 17.50 is the price.

DSCF5878.jpg
DSCF5881.jpg
DSCF5882.jpg
DSCF5883.jpg
DSCF5884.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Orgetorix said:
Picked this up from a fellow over at AAAC. It's a Brooks Brothers hat, with no other maker's name listed. It has a leather "ribbon" that I don't like and will probably replace with grosgrain. I have no idea of the date: any suggestions? I suppose the paper tag may be a clue, if 17.50 is the price.

Very nice, Orgetorix :eusa_clap.

That Brooks Bros. would be an ultimate upland bird hunting hat for me - dressy, stylish, great color and the leather band gives it a sudden and stunning casual look.

The leather band is the best part. What a great place for little tick marks to keep track of how we're doi'n through the seasons!

Thanks for letting me day dream over your new lid, man :D.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Orgetorix said:
Picked this up from a fellow over at AAAC. It's a Brooks Brothers hat, with no other maker's name listed.

Very nice, Orgetorix. I think the leather "ribbon" is way cool. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it on this style of fedora. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe