Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carter

I'll Lock Up
The Motherlode

thunderw21, $17.00 for TWO TERRIFIC HATS ! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'd be bowing if only there was an obeisance :)

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Two new arrivals...

bought from Lounge member GWD (thanks! :eusa_clap ) :

Disney in gorgeous super-light grey, crease left as it came:

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

and Knox Premier in a greeny-brown with green ribbon:

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Very nice, after getting over the shock of paying £30 ($40) VAT to Customs on top... :rage:

N. :)

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Those are both great hats, nickn5! All these nice new hats I've seen in the past few days really are making me itch to spend money too..:rolleyes:

nickn5 said:
bought from Lounge member GWD (thanks! :eusa_clap ) :

Disney in gorgeous super-light grey, crease left as it came:

DSC00392.jpg

and Knox Premier in a greeny-brown with green ribbon:
DSC00395.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
You've been picking up some nice lids lately, CV. Do you know anything about Alexander lids?

That Champ Featherweight is a beaut. Very cool. That model is very unique, but the more common version of the Champ Featherweight has always struck me as being extremely similar in style to the Lee Adventure (another lightweight lid).

Cheers,
JtL

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
This is the second Alexander I bought. The first one seemed to be older, non-reeded and no liner. I Googled his name and it turned up in some really old book of American Manufactures. His company was listed as hat makers in Reading, PA. The only other name that rang a bell with me was some clown named John B. Stetson. This hat has the oil silk type covering, probably the same drummer that sold it to Stetson.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
WOW!!!

thunderw21 said:
After a long period of no cheap hats, I found two today.

Antique mall find, $12 for this Cavanagh with Cav. edge and Resistol box. 5" bashed crown, 2 1/4" brim. Perfect 1930s dimensions, so I'm guessing mid to late-1930s? Excellent condition.

1930sCavanaghfedora001.jpg

1930sCavanaghfedora002.jpg

1930sCavanaghfedora003.jpg

This one's going to make some of you sick.

Thrift store find, $5 for this near perfect Stratoliner. I already have a box for it too. Late-1940s, early 1950s. The pinkish color matches my Open Road.

1940sStetsonStratoliner001.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner002.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner003.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner004.jpg

Excellent swag man!!! .... very nicely done! ....
smiley-think005.gif
smiley-score010.gif
ridin.gif

randooch

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I'm pleased about it since I've taken many stabs at Optimo style Panamas and they usually wind up in the neighborhood of $80 or $100 which causes me to fold my hand in the final frenzy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200308948431

Not sure about the weave or material on this. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If this works out, I'll have a nice, old Optimo style Panama straw in size 7 that I'll get rid of. It has a smaller brim and doesn't work as well on me as I hope this new one will.

Awesome! I slowly scrolled through that description, looking for the magic "7 1/2" but alas! the 1/2 was missing. :(

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Royal Stetson

First vintage purchase. First eBay victory. Royal Stetson. Came in the mail today. I put a lengthier post under the "eBay victories" thread, but I'm looking for suggestions on the bash and tips on how to date Stetsons.

021809RoyalStetson.jpg
021809RoyalStetsonSide.jpg
royalstetson.jpg

Michaelshane

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
After a long period of no cheap hats, I found two today.

Antique mall find, $12 for this Cavanagh with Cav. edge and Resistol box. 5" bashed crown, 2 1/4" brim. Perfect 1930s dimensions, so I'm guessing mid to late-1930s? Excellent condition.

1930sCavanaghfedora001.jpg

1930sCavanaghfedora002.jpg

1930sCavanaghfedora003.jpg

This one's going to make some of you sick. :D

Thrift store find, $5 for this near perfect Stratoliner. I already have a box for it too. Late-1940s, early 1950s. The pinkish color matches my Open Road.

1940sStetsonStratoliner001.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner002.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner003.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner004.jpg

DANG! Seventeen dollars for these.....That's like FREE!

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
ScionPI2005 said:
Congrats on that Stetson, gilgamark! I actually think the center crease it has now looks very nice. I think you'll be able to wear that one well for years to come.

Thanks. I think I'm going to like it.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I'm pleased about it since I've taken many stabs at Optimo style Panamas and they usually wind up in the neighborhood of $80 or $100 which causes me to fold my hand in the final frenzy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200308948431

Not sure about the weave or material on this. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If this works out, I'll have a nice, old Optimo style Panama straw in size 7 that I'll get rid of. It has a smaller brim and doesn't work as well on me as I hope this new one will.

This looks like a good one...pix to follow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe