Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
That's a very, very nice find, TJ! The color looks a lot like one of my Strats - a medium gray with blue/purplish undertones. A great and super versatile color. I certainly don't spend my days on deeper thoughts about pairing hats and other attire, but I do try to avoid the worst "eye-poohs". My experience with that shade of gray is, that it complements both warm and cold hues. It's quite cameleon-like and hence a great color for "attire-combining sloppyists" like myself :)

John Galt

Vendor
Joao,

I have a twin of your #1 quality Stetson, red liner & all. I would think 20's based on the liner & #1 quality designation, but the plastic tip protector & rather narrow sweat make me think 50's or later. Maybe this was a retro/throwback hat at the time.

Anyway, the felt on mine is very nice. I'm sure you'll love the hat. I think you're going to have to apply some heat & pressure to that wrinkle in the brim. It's damaged the integrity of the brim a bit. Hopefully a spraying and a hot steam iron will fix it.

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Recieved these 1920s caps from Johnny awhile ago, but haven't had time to post them.

sa7ygyve.jpg

First up is one of an unknown make. It is my favorite. The pattern is a type of black and white zigzag.

u9yqeje3.jpg

nyzy5aqe.jpg

ny8uquve.jpg

a9yjabyn.jpg

The second one is made by Barrington. The pattern is a red, and tan check over a brown wool with black and white stripes as well.

uhujyvy6.jpg

ybepese8.jpg

jusatyja.jpg

ymesyteb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Great caps, Splinter - and very nice fabrics too. A nice variation from the caps you're wearing in this phase of your life, I guess. Anyway, you wear your caps well - be it military or civil ;)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao,

I have a twin of your #1 quality Stetson, red liner & all. I would think 20's based on the liner & #1 quality designation, but the plastic tip protector & rather narrow sweat make me think 50's or later. Maybe this was a retro/throwback hat at the time.

I think the same. Maybe a kind of "last" No1 edition.

Anyway, the felt on mine is very nice. I'm sure you'll love the hat. I think you're going to have to apply some heat & pressure to that wrinkle in the brim. It's damaged the integrity of the brim a bit. Hopefully a spraying and a hot steam iron will fix it.

I hope too.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That's a very, very nice find, TJ! The color looks a lot like one of my Strats - a medium gray with blue/purplish undertones. A great and super versatile color. I certainly don't spend my days on deeper thoughts about pairing hats and other attire, but I do try to avoid the worst "eye-poohs". My experience with that shade of gray is, that it complements both warm and cold hues. It's quite cameleon-like and hence a great color for "attire-combining sloppyists" like myself :)
Thanks my friend. I love the purplish / gray color. It goes with just about anything. Like you, I don't like giving a lot of deep thought pairing my hats and other attire. I dress casually and this hat fits perfect with casual clothes.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am around 10 hats behind on this one but I'll post my favorite of those 10:

Off-White (though not by much) Borsalino. Ribbon work by Mike Miller of NW Hats. Very pleased with the way this turned out

Last edited:

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family

This is ones in mint condition, and a wee bit less wild in person than in the sellers photos. The binding and ribbon is actually copper rather than the pumpkin orange it appeared to be.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe