Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Keith Brothers Tiger Special

United Hatters of North America made in Chicago
P1070742.JPG P1070743.JPG P1070746.JPG P1070748.JPG P1070749.JPG P1070751.jpg

Last edited:

Purplesage

One Too Many
Baron do you have any photos posted of your T&J? When do you think the one I posted was likely made? I was thinking maybe late 40s. From what I understand, they were using cellophane liner covers in the 40s. It's definitely not plastic or oilskin.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Baron do you have any photos posted of your T&J? When do you think the one I posted was likely made? I was thinking maybe late 40s. From what I understand, they were using cellophane liner covers in the 40s. It's definitely not plastic or oilskin.

I'm not the Baron, but I can answer that your T&J is from the 1950s, as it has a '50s HCA factory label. I love those spiral-stitched brims.

Brad

Annixter

Practically Family
I'm the third owner of this bowler on the lounge if I recall correctly. And with me it shall stay. I'm a big fan of this little blue bowler.

The hat suits you well, and you pull it off nicely. The bowler has never appealed to me for my own use (although I haven't worn one), but yours tempts me to try.:D

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Thanks everybody, i'm glad i've branched out and starting wearing different styles of hats, but i'll always love a good bowler.

Nice looking topper, Strapped. looks like it fits just right.

I do, yes. I realise that my old image links died. I'll upload newer/better pics to the Tom 'n Jerry thread. Mine is approximately the same age as yours

Purplesage

One Too Many
Borsalino Grano Oldouva

When this Borsalino arrived a couple of months ago, the light tan sweatband which was mostly intact just fell apart in my hands. It has a very wide 4" brim with grosgrain bound edge, 6 to 6 1/4" crown which is wrapped in a 1 1/2" grosgrain ribbon and a bright ed satin/silk liner. Not sure how old this is but I'm thinking the 40s or older. I assume this would be considered a Western hat. If any Borsalino experts know anything about this model or style of hat I would like to here from you.

photo2-264_zps9a71099d.jpg

photo3-201_zps66ddfab4.jpg

photo5-228_zps2eb07856.jpg

photo3-199_zpsd23c791f.jpg

photo4-207_zps28164255.jpg

photo1-348_zpsdd0698c8.jpg

photo-13_zps37d015d4.jpg

photo3-194_zps241f1c0a.jpg

Purplesage

One Too Many
Mano it's the largest brim I've seen on a Borsalino. The crown is pretty high too. Just needs a new sweatband although it would have been nice if the old one had survived. It was packed away for years, who knows under what conditions. At least the liner and felt are in very good shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe