Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Landman

One Too Many
jskeen, I believe that Stetson looks like it would have been before the diamond liner.

Robert, nice looking Stetson. Definitely a keeper in my opinion.

Monte

Practically Family
jskeen, that doesn't look like the same hat. You have a knack for shaping. I have a very similar Stetson. It is not very old--my brim was so stiff when I shaped it that I think it fractured a tiny bit (only I, and now all of you, know about it so no big deal). The 7x felt on the crown however is very nice and cooperated nicely. Anyway, If you're lucky enough to find a hat like that without getting bid into oblivion, stuff a little paper or something behind the sweat band and keep on truckin'. Looks fine.

Monte

Practically Family
If I'm seeing it correctly, that is not a snap brim. Also not sure when Stetson started putting on those little JBS branding iron pins on their hats.

fashion frank

One Too Many
That is a great looking hat Frank, and a phenomenal price, AND a box. What a score. Can't wait to see it in action

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Monte

Practically Family
Frank, that's even cheaper than my stained old Open Road I just picked up. It was hiding in a nice box too.

'60s Open Road. I gave it a bath and reshaped it to my liking. First time using naphtha. It was a weird feeling to pour liquid on a vintage hat but it was really dirty with bad stains. I was also surprised when it dried with zero odor. Cool.

My first vintage OR that fits. I just need to stretch it a small amount for it to be a perfect fit.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
A long story short! A last minute auction, a Borsalino, looked on the seller photo
like a Homburg. In 2 minutes end the auction, size 50, he, that could not be!
1 EUR pang it's my.
Arrived today, what is that, that is a rarely Borsalino Melone, in that small package.
I was very happy and suprised about a Melone but what was that, the seller stuffed it in the to small package and the front brim was broken.
I could repair it, glue and hair for first aid, the next step is to work with more hair!
Here are the pics!

44i8.jpg

udn8.jpg

more pics in the Borsalino thread

Feather*Stone

New in Town
Hi y'all, this is our first time posting. My husband and I recently acquired a beautiful Stetson Royal De Luxe very thin ribbon felt hat in a Knox hat box. We know nothing else about it and are curious about what style and age it is. This is our second acquisition of late via local Estate Sales in Texas. We're loving all the fascinating info that's to be had here in TFL, but it's kind of overload for newbies! So we're hoping this is place to start with our request for help in solving the mystery of this new OLD hat. I've posted a great number of photos on my Flickr photostream in hopes that some of you folks with knowledge can take a look-see and fill in some details.
9777104463_70434381dd.jpg

Sticker inside hat READS: "JOHN B. STETSON COMPANY TO RE-ORDER MENTION NUMBER (stamped 523226) ALSO GIVE SIZE WANTED". Second sticker READS: "JOHN B. STETSON COMPANY DO NOT USE THIS NUMBER WHEN RE-ORDERING, SEE OTHER STICKER (stamped with 102) PHILADELPHIA U.S.A." Sweatband contains no markings whatsoever, no size tag in, but some light chalk marks inside hat read "8 X" (I think) and "MAKE 1/8". Anyway...see photos and chime in with your thoughts! :)
Thanks for helping the new kids on the block! Karen & Johnny

Last edited:

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Big Borso 1.jpg Big Borso 2.jpg

I just bought this old Borsalino from a friend in Wichita and he took it first to Jack Kellogg ("Hatman Jack") for some brim work. The Hatman took these two photos. The color has a little more yellow in it. The crown is 5 1/4 and the brim is 3 1/4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld