Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

doberdadinmd

Familiar Face
Otherwise I'm pleased with the hat and its look.
enu8ytug.jpg

je6udeqy.jpg

It's hard to see from your photograph, but the Brooks Brothers hats I've seen from this era have been quite firm and heavy and have been lined, with an onion skin paper crown protector.

Very nice Portis, Casechopper!

Alex

Practically Family
Gents I bought my first hat in about... 2 years or so! The college life is tough, good, but tough! That would also explain my hiatus from the lounge.
I found this one at a local antique place. Moth bites aside, it was a great find. Liner is in immaculate condition, and the sweat has a tiny scratch or two.
Will probably post to Homburg Nation and possibly THE MALLORY MILE.
Pictures are taken in a different antique shop, which I now work at. Cheers!
Mallory Ten Homburg Cravenette 7 3/8
6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

doberdadinmd

Familiar Face
It's hard to see from your photograph, but the Brooks Brothers hats I've seen from this era have been quite firm and heavy and have been lined, with an onion skin paper crown protector.

Very nice Portis, Casechopper!

Definitely not fully lined, just the oval cellophane at the base of the crown. It is sewn in, just not very straight.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice Bond. I always wonder what the common definition of a stingy brim is. For me anything over 2" pis borderline normal brimmed - but then I'm in the UK

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
I'm not a stingy brim kind of guy, but this one really works, Bond. I'm trying to figure out why, in my eyes (ha), it does. Maybe it has something to do with the curved surfaces in the brim and crown, coupled to that wide ribbon.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David, i've come to appreciate SOME stingy brims and if its a Borsalino all the better. For those with narrow faces and smaller heads a stingy brim may be a better choice than a full wide brim that overwhelms the overall aesthetics. This Borsalino as far as I am concerned is the right color, fit, and just enough brim for my tastes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth