Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Must have used some heavy hair product, but bald on the top?

Straight from the box-only pushing it back into shape...
P1050545.JPG

They managed to loosen near half the sweatband stitching--turns out to fit well and otherwise be in excellent condition. Fantastic felt.

Wow if you had not shown us what that hat looked like in the box I would never believe that you managed to reshape it
like that , way to go and kodo's to you on your new hat.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

One Too Many
New to me ¡¡¡
Last sunday, I have aquired this hat in a market place ( "flea") is a fur felt new to me, although is too old and stained in the ribbon zone, I believe, It should be cleaned and lined, I hope the resulted been good ¡¡¡

DSC_8516-copia_zpsa07fdbe4.jpg

DSC_8518_zps0778598d.jpg

It seems an Open Road from Laredo Hats ¡¡
DSC_8524_zps409ee27a.jpg

Really, I like this hat ¡¡¡

Echter Mayser, Size 58cm, excellent condtion, probably early 1950s

The felt is a beautiful shade of brown with a great finish. Also very nice bow, brim stitching and binding work. More details in the German - Austrian thread.

8452871227_1cd9b39f25_b.jpg

8452866869_0ef3049e12_b.jpg

8453977740_4d054d9668_b.jpg

8453941140_afffbaef9e_b.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Straight from the box-only pushing it back into shape....
P1050546.JPG

WOW! Beautiful hat, Robert!!! I had my eye on that one and was going to buy it. I didn't know what size it was and asked the seller to send me a picture of the interior of the hat. They just wound up putting the picture on the auction page. I figured for $35, it would be a good gamble, but I missed the auction and was kicking myself. Turns out it would have been too big on me anyways. ;)

I'm really glad you got this one! Is there any way I could trouble you for the dimensions?

Knox Boater fine weave straw

knoxfineboater1.jpg

knoxfineboater2.jpg

knoxfineboater3.jpg

knoxfineboater4.jpg

knoxfineboater5.jpg

knoxfineboater6.jpg

rolled sweatband, "ovalized sixteenths" size tag was folded underneath. Later 1930s-40s? John W. Ryan had two stores in NYC - didn't find much mention of them after the mid 1920s. Straw body is drilled for ventilation behind the sweatband. No moisture barrier.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Brown Back-bow Borsalino from Ferrara

...not as lucky as Alan. Another compacted mini box on a 4 week journey. Luckily Nutria felt is resilient.
P1050564.JPG
P1050565.JPG
P1050563.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you Robert, Perry and Brad... and thank you to the Lounge member with overflowing inbox who sent a heads up to these auctions.

Aha! maintaining Misto equilibrium. Both beauties in amazing condition.

Yes... took a chance on a little older example. I am a big fan of the Borsalino overwelt, less so of their felted edge. Glad to hear your nutria survived its travels. Color is cooler and more interesting than it looked in the auction photos. Ale will be mad, but fortunately it is too small for him.

Wow, such a beautiful weave on that Knox Boater, Alan!

Brad

Thanks... I will post some additional photos of the interior label and details... they are not Knox branded. Another unknown but surely pre-trademark registration example of the ovalized sixteenths label.

knoxfineboater7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe