Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PORTIS SUPER-LUX 7 3/8 Long Oval for SALE or TRADE!

Razzman

One Too Many
I'm looking to sell or trade this Portis Super-Lux. Unfortunately it's much too big for me. It's a camel colored brown. The interior is in fantastic condition, it still has the original price tag of $7.50 attached as well as the long oval tag and the size tag. Embossed on the sweatband are the Portis trademark, and Super-Lux Swansback custom repellent Cushion band. On the other side Weicherdings Fulda, Minn. The exterior is wonderful except that
it does have a few moth bites (no holes). You can see two dark spots on the outer brim in the pics. There a couple on the underside of the brim also. If the hat fit I wouldn't mind at all. I need something equivalent in a 7 1/4, preferably in a shade of brown. Please PM with any interest or questions.

Brim:2 5/8"
Crown: 4 1/2"
Grossgrain ribbon: 1 1/8" with an unsual ribbon treatment.
Bound brim
Leather sweatband: 1 7/8"
Wind Trolley
Size: 7 3/8 long oval

a>

a>

a>

Spellflower

Practically Family
Hi Razzman,

I am definitely interested in this hat. I don't have anything exactly comparable, but I do have a Dobbs Admiralty, size 7 3/8 (but it's actually smaller, cause it doesn't fit me), chocolate brown, 2" brim (I think, I'll measure later if you want), tag says original price $25. I'd be willing to trade that and some cash, or just some cash.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Darn, Razzman, you're one quick draw! We must have been composing at the same time. Oh well, it's probably cursed, anyway. Yeah, that's it, cursed by a vampire who will posess the first true 7 3/8 head to put it on and make you do terrible things for his amusement. Bwahahahaha!

Spellflower

Practically Family
Cursed, I say, cursed!:eek:

But I just woke from a dream in which I discovered that I'd gotten a lot of awful tattoos while drunk, so after that, I guess missing out on a Portis in my size ain't so bad. Whoever gets it, enjoy!

Razzman

One Too Many
STILL AVAILABLE A SIZE 7 3/8 LONG OVAL.

This hat is still availalbe for those of you with a size 7 3/8 noggin. It's also a Long Oval. Don't let a few moth nibbles get in the way of a nice hat. It's just way too big for me. It looks like a trade is going to be too difficult to negotiate, so the hat is for sale.

SOMEBODY MAKE ME A SERIOUS OFFER!!!!!

Razzman

One Too Many
Considering the uncommon size of this hat at 7 3/8 LONG OVAL I thought it would move quickly. The hat will be available until Saturday December 1st. :) The hat itself is in fantastic condition. It does have a few moth bites on top and under the brim. Don't let a few moth bites keep you from owning this great hat.
$100 shipped

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton