Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PNC Leather?

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Anyone familiar with PnC Leather? My local leather shop carries their jackets and the owner swears by them (use to sell Vanson but no longer does). they USA made and all I can find online is that they're headquartered in Florida. Their prices seem pretty good (sub $400), but not sure how they'll hold up.

Thanks.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
No one? From further investigation I am beginning to think that they are connected to Hillside USA leather in some fashion as the designs are exactly the same, and the PnC horsehide jacket I saw appeared to have the Hillside USA waistband found on the inside removed.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
http://www.pncleather.com/

This, I'm guessing? Looks like nice stuff, albeit not overly original. Can't find anything on eBay, though.
Any time I see a vendor where their photos have the models cut out like that, it makes me suspicious. There are a ton of no name fly by night leather sellers on eBay who specialize in replica movie jackets that are priced too good to be true. They all recycle each other's images, and cut out the body and background of their photos, probably to hide copyright violations of jackets they do not actually posses. I never bought from them because they are shady, but expect the worst - - phony leather, poor quality all around, outright scams, you name it. Most are overseas, located in India or the UK.

Not saying these guys are that, but that's the impression that I get from their website.

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Any time I see a vendor where their photos have the models cut out like that, it makes me suspicious. There are a ton of no name fly by night leather sellers on eBay who specialize in replica movie jackets that are priced too good to be true. They all recycle each other's images, and cut out the body and background of their photos, probably to hide copyright violations of jackets they do not actually posses. I never bought from them because they are shady, but expect the worst - - phony leather, poor quality all around, outright scams, you name it. Most are overseas, located in India or the UK.

Not saying these guys are that, but that's the impression that I get from their website.

This isn't an internet sale, the leather shop in my town sells PnC, so I get to inspect the jacket before purchasing. Given that, I decided to take a chance and order a Horsehide jacket from them (a bit more than the cowhide, but still not quite as expensive as a Vanson). Price as right on par with Hillside USA. We'll see when it arrives in about a month.

PnC is located in Florida and when I spoke to the owner of Hillside USA last week I asked them if they were in anyway connected to PnC (their shops are about a block away from each other). He didn't completely answer my question, but did say that they do some work together.

Do I expect the jacket to be as nice as my Langlitz? No. But from what I've seen it appears to be a good deal given that they're not well known.

When buying a replica of some movie jacket, always check filmjackets.com Hall of Shame section of the forum.
http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28
Members there have complied a very detailed list (that constantly keeps getting updated) of many shady sellers that plague the eBay, and the internet in general. It's impossible to track all of them down, of course, but it's a great place to consult with, before pulling a trigger on something that appears too good to be true.

Two years ago, some truly disgusting scammer that was selling fake garbage, actually managed to take the entire filmjackets.com site down with a DDoS attack that went on for a couple of days, after getting busted by Rick and the FJ crew.

Green Hornet

New in Town
Anyone familiar with PnC Leather? My local leather shop carries their jackets and the owner swears by them (use to sell Vanson but no longer does). they USA made and all I can find online is that they're headquartered in Florida. Their prices seem pretty good (sub $400), but not sure how they'll hold up.

Thanks.
Hi, I know this an ancient posting, but since you never got a straight answer, I received one I purchased on eBay, it looks brand new, size 44, black leather, looks cowhide, $60 plus shipping,taxes .... I'll say was a good deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeLSA