Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

RickP

Practically Family
The dog and I went over for a Vet appointment today and got caught one heck of a downpour.... Dog soaked, Im Soaked, and the Hemp Stratoliner got soaked. The Labrador was dry as soon as he shook off, the Hemp Stratoliner took about 15 min to look semi normal, and Im still wet. lol. It was a real toad-soaker rain squall, Ind I was really impressed with how the hemp handled it. Pic is about 20 min later and you can just see a bit of dampness on the brim. Note that when dry the ribbon and edge binding are the same color. You can see that the edge binding is still wet . If anything, the hat got a hair firmer when wet. Think its going to be a good summer thunderstorm hat.
View attachment 620204
For about 25 yrs, my "bad weather" hat has been a Pendleton wool with about a half a can of scotchgard in it per year lol. Great little hat in winter, but if temp is above 65 degrees F, its pretty hot. It HAS shrunk a bit over the years... guess I need to give it a bit of a soaking and try a bit of reblocking and stretching

Compress_20240610_140312_2450.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton