Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

people on EBAY that dont return positive feedback

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DancingSweetie said:
I am confused. I don't understand why a buyer's satisfaction with a purchase should affect their feedback. If they paid for the item within the requested time frame they have fullfilled their end of the transaction - period. Anything else that happens afterward is in the hands of the seller. It's because of this feedback blackmail that I have never given negative feedback when I should have.

You're not rating the fact that a buyer can pay on time, you're rating the overall experience with the buyer. If a buyer pays on time, then gets the item and leaves negative feedback without bothering to contact the seller and resolve the problem, the overall experience is not positive. It's not "blackmail", it's just caution. A few bad eggs, etc.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Private negative Ebay feedback

My worst deal on ebay just happended to be a vintage clothes seller (To remain nameless :eusa_doh: ) This seller outright lied on the condition of the item which wasn't cheap.

Rather than play public feedback wars I sent a private email to seller who sent a nasty resposnse to my civil email. My follow up email was NUCLEAR, they got the point, issue was resolved quickly

SC ;)

PS Don't get mad :rage: , make it right :eusa_clap !!!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
When I first started selling on eBay, I didn't have any feedback at all. In my first mass auction, another seller (who will also remain nameless) bid on two of my suits, won them for a reasonable price, then sent me an e-mail saying that he was nervous about paying (because I was a new seller), and could I please PROVE to him that I was honest?

I thought to myself, "Why didn't this guy contact me BEFORE the auctions ended?" In any case, I wrote back and told him to watch my feedback rating rise over the following weeks. Once he would see that I was trustworthy enough for OTHER buyers to leave me positive feedback, then he could pay me and I'd send him the suits.

Well, he took forever to do that. I finally got paid after reminding him several times. He promptly took one of the suits (which was from the late '70s, and I'd advertised it as such) and put it for sale on his own website, claiming that it was from the 1940s. And he even switched its trousers with those from another suit! Talk about untrustworthy ...

RedPop4

One Too Many
I've only made 12 purchases off of eBay. And my last, the $8.49 Stetson, didn't leave me feedback. I even reminded her once, but no dice. I'm really disappointed about that. I make certain I have the money on hand and the check or money order ready to go when I finally get up the gumption to actually bid on something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken