Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

people on EBAY that dont return positive feedback

green papaya

One Too Many
dont you hate when you buy something and you give them positive feedback and they dont give you any feedback?

sometimes I even send them a messege telling them Im satisfied with the transaction and could they please return the favor by giving me + feedback too and they never do it, I geuss all they're worried about is getting your money?

Ive even had people ask me for + feedback and they promise to give me + FB and they never leave feedback

the last 20 transactions, only 50% or less return feedback

zeus36

A-List Customer
Feedback has been used and abused so much that I'm afraid to leave any negative feedback on a bad deal, due to retaliation by the seller. I now just let Paypal deal with the issue. (which is rare)

If all went well I will always leave positive feedback for the seller.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
eBay Feedback

Here's my take on the subject of eBay feedback. When I'm a seller and the transaction proceeds smoothly, I leave positive feedback first, just like a person has come to my store to shop.

If I'm a buyer and I've fulfilled my obligation by communicating and promptly paying, then I expect that that 'shopkeeper' will thank me first for my patronage. I will then respond with appropriate feedback.

These sellers who insist on receiving 'Positive' feedback first (and even solicit it with some sob story about being "burned"!) don't get any! I figure if I'm bidding up their auction and paying the price without argument, I deserve a thank you, not an ultimatum. ;) -dixon cannon

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Dixon Cannon said:
Here's my take on the subject of eBay feedback. When I'm a seller and the transaction proceeds smoothly, I leave positive feedback first, just like a person has come to my store to shop.

If I'm a buyer and I've fulfilled my obligation by communicating and promptly paying, then I expect that that 'shopkeeper' will thank me first for my patronage. I will then respond with appropriate feedback.

These sellers who insist on receiving 'Positive' feedback first (and even solicit it with some sob story about being "burned"!) don't get any! I figure if I'm bidding up their auction and paying the price without argument, I deserve a thank you, not an ultimatum. ;) -dixon cannon

Dixon, that summation is about perfect.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Dixon Cannon said:

Fair enough, but all it takes is one idiot who doesn't know how to properly use feedback to make a seller skittish. I only leave positive feedback once the buyer is happy. That isn't necessarily once they've paid; it's once they've received the item and let me know that everything is a-ok. It's not comparable to a store, it's comparable to a mail-order.

Twitch

It's simply community courtesy to communicate well in a forum or an Ebay. But all I hear around here is people complaining about ignorant jerks that have no manners anyhow who they meet on a daily basis, so what can we expect?[huh]

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I agree with you Dixon Cannon. It puts me off when a seller won't leave feedback until after I receive the item and leave them feedback. The way I see it, I fulfilled my end of the bargain by paying immediately upon winning the item, and that deserves positive feedback. I call it feedback blackmail.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I agree with DancingSweetie. Now, sometimes we sellers forget to leave feedback immediately, but that's another story. (And frankly, it's a lame excuse.)

As soon as the seller has received payment from the buyer, it's time for the seller to leave feedback.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i think its fair for the seller to wait until the buyer has left positive feedback. after all, the transaction isn't over until the buyer has received the goods and is happy that they are as described. that's how most of my buying goes and i'm happy with it.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I agree

That the seller -should- leave the buyer feedback when the buyer has completed their part of the transaction.

It -should- have nothing to do with the buyer liking the item and giving seller feedback. The buyer has bought, then paid....thats the buyer's half of the transaction, and what they should be 'feedbacked' on.

The seller should get feedback when the item arrives, because the seller's part of transaction is 'describe it right, pack it up, ship it out' and thats what they should be 'feebacked' on.

The problem now is that sellers are worrying more about guarding their 100% positive, and so they wont leave buyer feedback until they know the buyer has left them positive.

I am glad there are still a few sellers that actually give buyer feedback right away, it always makes me smile.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
As a buyer, I will contact a seller first if I have a problem with my sale; I won't leave feedback without giving them a chance to make it right. Even if the seller screwed up, but they make an honest effort to work with me, I leave a positive- part of the sale is the level of service I receive, not just an item put in the mail.

As a seller, I don't consider the buyer's end of the deal complete until I know they are satisfied. Let's say I leave feedback right away after they pay, but they decide they don't like something and don't bother to contact me about it and just neg- to me, that's not a positive experience with a buyer.

Feedback is optional on ebay, it's not required, and it should, in my opinion, reflect your entire experience with your traders.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
As a seller, I don't consider the buyer's end of the deal complete until I know they are satisfied. Let's say I leave feedback right away after they pay, but they decide they don't like something and don't bother to contact me about it and just neg- to me, that's not a positive experience with a buyer.

that's exactly as i see it too. and what i was getting at in my last post.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Feedback Smeadback

I like to give & get positivie Ebay Feedback. No, dealer feedback is no problem as long as my stuff comes in a timely manner :)

SC ;)

PS Don't you love Ebay sellers with too much negative feedback that always attack the poster (Buyer) as crazy etc., etc.. The minute I see that seller garbage its "goodbye" listing! :rage:

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I am confused. I don't understand why a buyer's satisfaction with a purchase should affect their feedback. If they paid for the item within the requested time frame they have fullfilled their end of the transaction - period. Anything else that happens afterward is in the hands of the seller. It's because of this feedback blackmail that I have never given negative feedback when I should have.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
DancingSweetie said:
I am confused. I don't understand why a buyer's satisfaction with a purchase should affect their feedback. If they paid for the item within the requested time frame they have fullfilled their end of the transaction - period. Anything else that happens afterward is in the hands of the seller. It's because of this feedback blackmail that I have never given negative feedback when I should have.

Blackmail would be: "If you don't do ___ I will leave you negative feedback." Waiting until a buyer proves themselves to not be a crook (I've been scammed) or worse is fair. Not everything is in the hands of the seller- sellers can't control buyers that are out to scam them. It happened to me when I was new on ebay and got burned, and after reading their feedback months later I saw they had a pattern of making false claims of fake damage. Some things are in the hands of the seller- and the buyer should allow them to make things right before leaving feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21