Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Great find (and price) Dogman!

Greg -- I have a wider ribbon No.1 that was a gift from Michael R. Seems to be the same ribbon.

4af3bfec42745b7a0b052d478bff3ac6.jpg

That is my kind of western!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
IMG_20180718_140051821_LL.jpg IMG_20180718_140051821_LL.jpg I use Amazon a lot. I got this Stetson Pinnacle Beaver Fur for $91. Also got a Temple and a Saxon for just over $61. They seemed to have been dumping a lot of Bailey hats. I got Straws from $8 to $20 and wool hats for around $25- $30. I usually have 20 or so hats sitting in the cart, saved for later side, and check it daily for price changes.

Attachments

• IMG_20170419_105029762.jpg
    IMG_20170419_105029762.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 102
View attachment 132216 View attachment 132216 I use Amazon a lot. I got this Stetson Pinnacle Beaver Fur for $91. Also got a Temple and a Saxon for just over $61. They seemed to have been dumping a lot of Bailey hats. I got Straws from $8 to $20 and wool hats for around $25- $30. I usually have 20 or so hats sitting in the cart, saved for later side, and check it daily for price changes.
That's a very nice looking hat. Welcome to the lounge!

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
View attachment 132216 View attachment 132216 I use Amazon a lot. I got this Stetson Pinnacle Beaver Fur for $91. Also got a Temple and a Saxon for just over $61. They seemed to have been dumping a lot of Bailey hats. I got Straws from $8 to $20 and wool hats for around $25- $30. I usually have 20 or so hats sitting in the cart, saved for later side, and check it daily for price changes.
I've poked around Amazon myself, with no luck of finding anything. I guess I need to refine my searches. I'm not really knowledgeable or experienced in seeking out hats on the cheap.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
I've poked around Amazon myself, with no luck of finding anything. I guess I need to refine my searches. I'm not really knowledgeable or experienced in seeking out hats on the cheap.

Best way I've found. Pick a hat like a Stetson. Search it. Underneath the description there will bill a bunch of related hats. It will give a price range. Then just click on one and see what prices your size would be. I save them to the cart then check regularly. The Pinnacle was $300 for about a year and then it kept dropping $10 or $20 each day till it hit $91 then I jumped.
Hope this helps.

Great looking hat for a deal. Substantial brim.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Best way I've found. Pick a hat like a Stetson. Search it. Underneath the description there will bill a bunch of related hats. It will give a price range. Then just click on one and see what prices your size would be. I save them to the cart then check regularly. The Pinnacle was $300 for about a year and then it kept dropping $10 or $20 each day till it hit $91 then I jumped.
Hope this helps.
I've ventured down that road before, but I've never done the price range thing. I'll have to give it a whirl. Thanks for the advice.

If you buy a hat from an auction house, be sure and get an idea of shipping before you dive in too deep. I bought a Rand and a D-Bar-J for what I felt was a great price (even with 23% buyer's premium), but when I was quoted shipping by the third parties that the auction house recommended (they didn't ship themselves) I was quoted prices of $65, $78.87 and $126.43. For two hats!?!

Rand_D_Bar_J.JPG

Most hats I've had shipped (even from other non-eBay auction houses) have run from $10 to $20 typically.

I was starting to panic so I reached out to a fellow Lounger who lived "in the area". A big thanks goes out to Steve (@mayserwegener) for being willing to pick up the hats from the auction house. I can't thank him enough!

Just for fun here's a pic from the auction house from 1957:

Alex_Cooper_1957.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken