Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open crown or not

MCrider

A-List Customer
BigDog,
Personally I can live with either one, but my preference is for an opem crown. That way I can shape it how I want and half the fun for me at least is how you seem to continually "tweak" it. As long as you don't put too tight an edge on anything, you can keep changing it as you see fit. Good luck and welcome to the Lounge!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
My first choice would have to be an open crown though I do have 2 pre-creased hats ( which have somewhat changed as I've worn and handled them over the years I've worn them) but any others I would buy would be open crowned from now on.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
BigDog, go for the open crown. I think you have noticed thats what the majority go for here. I sold all my factory creased hats after I got that first vintage open crown and then I replaced all of the newer ones with vintage open crowns. Now I won't buy the newer ones that are precreased.
But, I guess its just what your taste is. But, you need to buy at least one nice vintage open crown fedora to see what we are talking about. You wont have any problems with bashing it yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael