Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Observations in the lounge

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I gotta say this is a great site and forum! Every site I visit that deal with my interests are full of discord, rudeness, political agenda arguements and cynical comments from immature jerks. How refreshing this place is. You really don't know how good you got it not to have some wanker ruining every thread and being mean spirited.

Well even though I recently got here I must take a few days respite to get cancer treatment. But I'll be back, so keep the beer cold and the dames hot!

Siirous

One of the Regulars
Good luck with your treatments, Twitch. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers tonight, and all the good folks will be here when you return! :)

Sincerely,
Rob

My best wishes to you. I know exactly what you are likely going through. I went through it with my mother. Just remember to keep yourself well nourished and try to keep a positive attitude. You can beat this thing.
The beer will stay cold and the....er....ah, other part too. :p

Regards to all,

J

Barry

Practically Family
Twitch,

Been there myself (at age 26). It certainly makes my newfound interest in pipes pretty stupid...

One of the most helpful things I found during my treatment was to stay focused on something that was important to me. I found a great diversion from the treatment and it really helped.

At the time I worked in IT. I brought my training manuals and books to the hospital. During one of my four day chemotherapy infusions I even brought in two routers and played around with some simple configurations. I've since changed careers but having that diversion really helped. I thought about taking up a musical instrument but I never did. I really just focused on learning about computer networking. Strange, I look back and I don't have much interest in that now but it sure helped me get through one hell of a rough year.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm back and ready for my cold beer. My treatment went perfectly and I should be cancer free. Blood test in 3 months will confirm but I feel sure. I'm blown away by you kind remarks for my health. Thanks!

There's enough of you around here 40+ so do yourself a favor and please make sure your doctor checks your blood's PSA level next time you visit if he's not doing it yearly.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
We are rooting for you..

You are very much in our thoughts and prayers. I can't even start to understand the emotions that have run through you with all this. But this is something that could happen to any of us. My family have sadly been touched by cancer, so I can feel for those around you who care about you and give you hope and strength. You take care of yourself and I really hope you go from strength to strength and hope that this little forum here can take your focus away from more negative things for intervals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirLorial