Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noseart

4444Design

One of the Regulars
For me one of the greatest fascinations on flight-jackets is the presonalisation which can be found mostly on vintage american jackets like the A2, 55J15/G1 and versions, aso.

There is numerous books on the market to show "Noseart" on flight jackets and i think everyone who is into "vintage" garment has seen some personalisation before.

One pretty gifted artist in creating noseart is "Steve McNeely" - besides his other interests and directions in art he creates patches (either phantasy or real) and he is doing commissions in noseart or markings of any kind on leather.

Since he is currently my favourite artist for jackets i wanna share some pics of his projects - some of the jackets are part of my collection - some are just for example:

"WILD BILL" is hanpainted on a COOPER G1 in size 46 and is meant to represent a fictious retired flight instructor and is FOR SALE

l9Jc8Bd.jpg

nSUU6L8.jpg

"Saigon Sally" is handpainted on a vintage "Golden Thread" G1 which was BRILL BROTHERS civil line for leather gear - jacket is 46 and part of my collection. The "Noseart" itself was developed by Steve and me ...

bDhLmYh.jpg

"SWEET PAULINE" is on the back of my RW A2 made by 5Star and is a motive which has been used by Steve before and also part of my collection

u1GmGGI.jpg

"USS POGY" is painted on a custom-made N1 deckjacket by 5Star in size 46 and part of my collection

9tYzo7h.jpg

Another "SWEET PAULINE" this time on a shearling jacket - off coarse also by Steve

4VXCqNQ.jpg

If you're interested in giving your jacket that individual touch i highly recommend Steve ...

Reach out to Steve via FB: "Steve McNeely" - INSTA "StevenMcNeely.art"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88