Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2007

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Bears!

Chicago Tribune reports Brian Griese to replace Rex Grossman
as Bears' starting QB; although this will not improve the team's Secondary,
Special Teams, or Offensive line problemo.
Nor the coaching situation...:( Plenty of blame to go around. :(

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My people have been in Chicago long enough, since the Civil War, to have schooled me not to invest any emotional currency in the local sports teams. Yes, I root for them to win but I'm a realist.;)

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
Aaaargh! Stupid Bears! When am I going to learn, there will never be a Chicago team that is any good two years in a row? Well, except the Bulls. They have been pretty good for a few years now. Man, those Bears are really starting to get me down. There is almost no one on either side of the ball who was an opening day starter who is still playing. Half the team is hurt! Ah, I guess I will just have to root for the stupid Colts. I hate rooting for the Colts.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Bears vs Packers, the oldest rivalry in pro football.

In an early 60's Bears/Packer game George Halas became frustrated at a referee's call and reached into his pocket and threw a handful of coins at the ref's feet saying, " Lombardi's paid you, here's my money." The ref walked away, ignoring Halas (can you imagine that happening today?). After the game reporters asked Lombardi his thoughts of Papa Bear's antics. Lombardi said," Coach can do no wrong in my book because if it weren't for him we wouldn't be discussing this because there would be no professional football, he created the game."

Lombardi worshiped Halas.

Halas03-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe